Baz

Baz

Soldato
NG+ run through at the moment, not really struggling with anything except the damn Fire Giant again, so I goes to do the Alexander questline so he can help me out, get to the bit where he is near the Magma Wyrm, who attacks while I am talking to him, so I release hell on said Magma Wyrm - inadvertently kill Alexander :( Nuts!

Soldato
Any PC players on here? I was just about to buy the game but read a release day review that it suffers from stuttering and graphical slowdown. Is this still the case or have patches sorted this out?

Associate
Any PC players on here? I was just about to buy the game but read a release day review that it suffers from stuttering and graphical slowdown. Is this still the case or have patches sorted this out?
I play on PC, smooth 60FPS for me. Day one there wasn’t so much a stutter more the camera felt off, almost like as you character was moving it felt like the camera tracking was stuck in treacle, long since fixed with an update.

Soldato
I was literally just about to ask more or less the same thing, heard (and saw plenty of videos which demonstated the issue); I've been holding off playing this one for a while, due to hearing at the release at least, PC was in a pretty bad state regards stuttering; as was the Xbox, and the PS5 was the most playable of the lot.

I've since heard Valve has managed to do some work to reduce the stutters for Steam Deck at least, there have been a few patches, and things are maybe not as bad as they were.

Being honest, is this still a title that runs and plays better on a PS5, or has it more or less evened off? Wanted to get some actual user feedback rather than just looking at reviews and youtube, much of which is now months out of date.

Wanted to just to try and get a bigger picture, but would really appreciate some honesty; especially from those who've played on multiple platforms, I have all of them, and just want the best experience (and I HATE stuttering, I find it really jarring and noticeable).

Permabanned
I was literally just about to ask more or less the same thing, heard (and saw plenty of videos which demonstated the issue); I've been holding off playing this one for a while, due to hearing at the release at least, PC was in a pretty bad state regards stuttering; as was the Xbox, and the PS5 was the most playable of the lot.

I've since heard Valve has managed to do some work to reduce the stutters for Steam Deck at least, there have been a few patches, and things are maybe not as bad as they were.

Being honest, is this still a title that runs and plays better on a PS5, or has it more or less evened off? Wanted to get some actual user feedback rather than just looking at reviews and youtube, much of which is now months out of date.

Wanted to just to try and get a bigger picture, but would really appreciate some honesty; especially from those who've played on multiple platforms, I have all of them, and just want the best experience (and I HATE stuttering, I find it really jarring and noticeable).

Played the game through twice now and Im well over 200 hours on PC. Before launch there were stutter issues but they are long gone. I can confirm it does not stutter and I have not a problem during my two complete run throughs. I played a few hours on PS5 and although the framerate was lower (understandable as I use a 3090 in my PC) there were no stutters there either.

Soldato
Done!

89 hours, know I didn't explore everything fully and missed some areas (Volcano Manor in particular) but thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed every second. It was my first SB game but loved it.

I got the Age of Stars ending.

Really love how when you defeat a boss it feels 'easy', like, why on earth did it take me 60 attempts before to do that. Combined with that relief (apart from Elden Beast because I knew the adventure was over!).

Permabanned
Done!

89 hours, know I didn't explore everything fully and missed some areas (Volcano Manor in particular) but thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed every second. It was my first SB game but loved it.

I got the Age of Stars ending.

Really love how when you defeat a boss it feels 'easy', like, why on earth did it take me 60 attempts before to do that. Combined with that relief (apart from Elden Beast because I knew the adventure was over!).
Seem to get hammered by a boss, put it down and when i go back to it the next day I beat him first go. Theres a couple of bosses that very nearly made me quit the game though and I thought I just wasnt going to be able to beat them.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Finally managed to Kill Melania after what seemed a thousand attempts :D - key was occult twin powerstancing curved swords and jump attacks

Then went after Placidusax who is a hard boss to beat! Now only two achievements left for 100% :)

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Gratz, at first glance the Malenia seems an easy fight, but after you're dozenth death you soon change your mind. It's a great feeling when you do finally beat her.
The AI is impressive with her, she never does the same thing twice in a row, sometimes she runs straight over and beats on you, others she stays back and slowly walks over! Must have tried a dozen build types to get her!

Soldato
Finally finished my first playthrough last night and got Ranni's ending. Was level 169 by the end.

Went in blind and only missed two bosses and a dragon, probably because I didn't want to join the Volcano Manor crew and killed the Dungeater as he seemed a bit of a ****.

Going to start NG+ over the weekend with a guide to mop up the bits I missed and get a different ending but what do you guys think is the most fun weapon?

I'm specced for Str, Dex, Vit and End and won't be reallocating stats as I want to hit the soft caps in each, but once that is done I'll be pushing points elsewhere.

Soldato
Just started this, my first souls game. How I've not smashed my controller up yet I have no idea.

I'm enjoying it though and I'm just wandering around the starting area aimlessly looking for things I can kill.

Found some giant troll things I'd like to kill but I have no chance at the moment. What level do you need to be to give these a fight? I'm only 11 :(

Soldato
I’m still on this. Been mopping up areas and exploring. Only Malenia and Elden Beast left to kill. Oh and Placidusax.

Think I’m 210 hours in on my first play through, level 144. Still feels like there’s things to do and see, though.

Think I have most of the ending options unlocked, except for Age of Order as the fellow died somehow.

Associate
Just started this, my first souls game. How I've not smashed my controller up yet I have no idea.

I'm enjoying it though and I'm just wandering around the starting area aimlessly looking for things I can kill.

Found some giant troll things I'd like to kill but I have no chance at the moment. What level do you need to be to give these a fight? I'm only 11 :(
Those trolls aren't too hard ; with a few more levels and a decent weapon/armour you should be able to kill them without too many issues. They do hit quite hard, but their attacks are slow and telegraphed. Obviously, don't take on several at once ...
What build are you going for ? Melee, caster ?

Back
Top Bottom