Elden Ring

Loving some of these armours.

the fire knight has an awesome set too!

IMG-0030.jpg
That's what I'm wearing now ... plus using her sword !

Yeah! Im near the top and there is a run of 3 or 4. It's just not happening.
I managed to power through them (after a considerable amount of time and rage!) but had to resort to bolting past the last one before the next boss.

What's everyone doing armour-wise? I was using Maliketh's set but I don't think it's really doing me any favours so jumped back on to the Radahn set. I'm running mostly a str/dex build.

I managed to power through them (after a considerable amount of time and rage!) but had to resort to bolting past the last one before the next boss.

What's everyone doing armour-wise? I was using Maliketh's set but I don't think it's really doing me any favours so jumped back on to the Radahn set. I'm running mostly a str/dex build.

Think I'm currently using blaids set and an imp mask or something. I never really give armour much consideration. I tend to just load my equipment with as many items that give blue stat numbers and keep my load weight at medium so I can dodge faster.

Hated the base game due to the ridiculous size of the map and the lack of quest log but powered through and completed it.

Finding this much more enjoyable, probably because I know the map’s much smaller and it won’t take a lifetime to complete.

Read a lot of complaints about the difficulty but it feels easier than the base game so far. Using my level 155 Astrologer and haven’t faced a boss that took more than 30 minutes so far. Got wrecked by loads in the base game so guess it’ll ramp up later in the game.
I just couldn't defeat the golden hippo. Even when I tried to multi player it. All the players that joined me got smashed, this lasted almost 2 hours and I was having trouble summoning players. Then one player just smashed it. I've also accidentally killed Ansbach, good armour set though. High in vitality.

I'm using str/arc/dex with Radahn set at level 247 and I'm finding it very tough. I might reduce str and give it to health

I'm really enjoying the DLC so far, putting 4 or 5 hours into it over the last couple of days.

I think the issue is that I'm on something like NG+4 or 5 and it's brutally challenging, mixed with the fact I'm out of practice.

I didn't consider the fact the DLC would effectively scale up with how many NGs there's been, otherwise I'd have gone through another playthrough and kept it at NG.

Last edited:
I just couldn't defeat the golden hippo. Even when I tried to multi player it. All the players that joined me got smashed, this lasted almost 2 hours and I was having trouble summoning players. Then one player just smashed it. I've also accidentally killed Ansbach, good armour set though. High in vitality.
Not come across the hippo yet but a dragon's the only boss I've struggled against so far, didn't have the patience to grind him down slowly so rushed him and got splatted repeatedly :D

The Lion King and Rellana were both easy enough though, a +25 Prince of Death staff along with the Death Rancor spell minces most enemies and I've barely leveled up Faith yet.

Not come across the hippo yet but a dragon's the only boss I've struggled against so far, didn't have the patience to grind him down slowly so rushed him and got splatted repeatedly :D

The Lion King and Rellana were both easy enough though, a +25 Prince of Death staff along with the Death Rancor spell minces most enemies and I've barely leveled up Faith yet.
Everything dies to Astels Meteor and the unlimited fp tear, with an offhand meteor staff to boost the damage as a mage, especially when using the mimic

What I love about Elden Ring is that I'm fully aware of what is going wrong in fights. I'll even say to myself "argh stop button bashing" because I know I'm losing control :).

Eventually you settle into a groove, understand some of the boss mechanics and learn to dodge correctly and resist making that extra swing.

I also can't help but laugh when you run into an area and get ambushed or squashed by a trap.

It's the most interesting game I've played in many years.

Had an unexpected difficulty spike while fighting Bayle, when my TV decided to notify me it was going to auto shutdown in 3 mins. And the TV remote wasn't anywhere close to hand. I blame Miyazaki .... his fiendish tricks know no bounds !

I dont know if i am going to regret this but manage to get a cheap copy of Elden Ring from MM... :eek: How much harder is it than Stellar Blade and Jedi Survivor?

It's initially difficult but you soon get to learn how it works and it kinda clicks. Just imagine literally any enemy can kill you if you let it hit you more than a couple of times. So learn the importance of dodging or parrying.

Button bashing gets punished. :)

I can understand why reviews are mixed on Steam. All but the most hardcore Soul’s fans are going to find this DLC frustratingly difficult.
I have found all the Souls games very frustrating and difficult. My timing is appalling and there is some character flaw within me that loves suicide charges. It has never stopped me enjoying the games and loving the challenge.
im about 30 hrs in so far and it so nice to have new ER to explore again.

Oh man, this game is unreal. I've not done any of the bosses in the "starting area" but I'll spoiler this for Ensis (and beyond).
Explored and completed Belurat minus the Lion and was exploring further east and then west and somehow discovered a back door to Ennis via the horse springs to Scadus Altus and managed to get to the back of Ensis castle, looked North and then wow. Next step is to see how far I can get in to Ensis.

Clearly the pre-release comment of the map-size being similar to "Limgrave" was a massive fibber!

Oh man, this game is unreal. I've not done any of the bosses in the "starting area" but I'll spoiler this for Ensis (and beyond).
Explored and completed Belurat minus the Lion and was exploring further east and then west and somehow discovered a back door to Ennis via the horse springs to Scadus Altus and managed to get to the back of Ensis castle, looked North and then wow. Next step is to see how far I can get in to Ensis.

Clearly the pre-release comment of the map-size being similar to "Limgrave" was a massive fibber!
A few words of caution : exploring too much without tackling the "main" bosses may end up breaking some of the NPC quests/summons - this happened to me. Yes, you need to explore to find scadutree fragments & spirit ashes ... but don't stray too far off-piste. Explore the immediate area, kill main boss, speak to NPC's ... move to next area and repeat the cycle. Without spoiling anything, the area you want to try not to reach prematurely is a certain building off to the east.

Back
Top Bottom