Soldato
playing the pc version and loving it apart from some random stutters, for some reason when i activate blood stains nothing happens and seems a common problem, is the console version the same?

Soldato
Is there any haptic feedback in this on the PS5? Been playing Horizon Forbidden West and feeling a lack of it in this, admittently not far in but character weight and weapons feel like wafting feathers about so far...

Also as someone else said Demons Souls remake looked much more crisper, this is looking kind of blurry in comparison, Maybe Bluepoint just spoiled us :D

Soldato
Not that I've noticed. Given up with the first tomb you come across pretty quickly, everytime I thought I was near a safe spot some phantoms appeared.

Caporegime
Played a few hours, first impressions are mostly good. Frame rate isn’t the best on the Series X with frequent drops, the horseback combat just doesn’t work either imo.

Aside from that it’s what you’d expect, an open world dark souls. I like that it doesn’t really hold your hand, going exploring and finding caves and crypts and the likes is a lot of fun.

Soldato
This game is amazing. Exploring the map is just damn good fun. I saw some reviewers compare to Breath of the Wild, and I get that. I think the pay off for exploring here is just so much better though.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had to tear myself away from a game after hours and hours of play, but I got up this morning and had to convince myself to turn it off. Have a break, get out in the sun for a while.

Very happy I trusted the glowing reviews on this. Typically I’d never buy a game on day one.

Associate
Spent hours last night trying to kill the first skippable monster when you come out from the grave. Got him down to about 20% before getting splatted. Will spend a few hours more trying today then move on.

The short reach of Hero's axe is annoying. Need to find a long sword somewhere.

Soldato
What would you guys recommend playing it on, ps5 or series X? I can't decide which to get it for. Reviews are saying Series X runs pretty stable at 50fps where as ps5 is inconsistent at 60fps

Soldato
What would you guys recommend playing it on, ps5 or series X? I can't decide which to get it for. Reviews are saying Series X runs pretty stable at 50fps where as ps5 is inconsistent at 60fps

I’ve had a few moments of frame drops and pop in playing on PS5 but nothing game breaking.

Don’t think I’ve ever played a game where time evaporates so quickly, 6 1/2 hours yesterday felt like 1, it’s unbelievably good.

Has anyone cleared the ruins on the lake yet? Opened that chest underneath them expecting goodies and get transported to some horrific mine in the top corner of the map. 1st message on the floor was “I want to go home” haha

Associate
Any difficulty settings in this then? I got along with Ghost of Tsushima for the most part, but I did knock down one of the difficulty setting on couple of boss battles because I couldn't get passed.

Soldato
I’ve had a few moments of frame drops and pop in playing on PS5 but nothing game breaking.

Don’t think I’ve ever played a game where time evaporates so quickly, 6 1/2 hours yesterday felt like 1, it’s unbelievably good.

Has anyone cleared the ruins on the lake yet? Opened that chest underneath them expecting goodies and get transported to some horrific mine in the top corner of the map. 1st message on the floor was “I want to go home” haha
Crystal mine? Hell yeah that was a bit of a surprise!

Soldato
Deffo my GOTY so far. The open world works great. I'm just exploring trying to get my weapon to +3 or so to see if I can finally get the first boss.
Wasted some points in Faith to get a fire spell only to forgot you also need the weapon too. So now I'm doing a wee grind to get my Int to 21 for another glint spell.

Re a weather effect of sorts.
anyone else had the golden particles raining down (deliberately not saying shower) the whole time my character was glowing gold but didn't see any icon to suggest a buff of sorts

Last edited:
Soldato
5% xp buff i think i read.

Ah ok that would make sense.

Still not done first boss, just been out exploring. Killed a miniboss and I met an NPC who said I should give the item I found to another NPC. He marked a gate on my map and it teleported me right to the top right of the world map.

First trophy/boss down.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure this game is more accessible, sure the open world might be but some of the main areas are as brutal as any DS game. The open ended nature of the game doesn’t help as you can easily be in an area where you’re under levelled.

For example I’m in an area where the mobs are dropping the third tier weapon shards and I’m only +2. Gets to the point you just have to turn back.

Caporegime
I did see a video before launch that said you will find yourself in areas you shouldn’t be in, that’s part of the appeal to me tbh. Finding your in the thick of it and just noping out if there lol

Back
Top Bottom