Elder Scrolls VI Announced!

Soldato
They've already shown photogrammetry is being used for the graphics in TESVI. Is that just a tweak?

The technology has been around for a decade, they are simply dumping in a bunch of new SDK's into the Creation engine, which if they do their jobs properly, will be awesome.

But this is Bethesda, the engine will probably be even more buggy than usual. They've been VERY smart about what they are putting out in PR statements, a lot of journo's are hailing it as a 'new' engine. It's not, far from, just the next iteration with the same baseline code used in titles such as Morrowind.

Soldato

Key point that I'm trying to make here...

Quoted from the above article: Blaming Bethesda’s “game engine” is misguided, however, because the word “engine” itself is a misnomer. An engine isn’t a single program or piece of technology—it’s a collection of software and tools that are changing constantly.

This is common practice, however, as we've seen time and time again, Bathesda never bother to fix known bugs between iterations. Just look at 76, it had a tonne of bugs which were present in Fallout 4, literally copied and pasted into their new game, acknowledged and fixed by the community previously.

Please, don't get your hopes up for this one, as a HUGE TES fan, I'm really holding my self back from getting excited as them sticking with the same engine just means the initial 6-12 months will be spent by the community clearing up their biggest mess yet again.

Associate
I expect they only teased the trailer a couple of years ago to bump up the price for the Microsoft sell. Doubt we will hear any useful news for at least a couple of years. I actually prefer this approach and hate the usual drip feed of crap we get over a period of years like with Cyberpunk.

Associate
Looks like this one's gonna be a long wait.. lets hope it's as polished as Cyberpunk on release..

Somethings got to change, surely? Better development techniques or something. The wait is just too long, none of us are getting any younger. Reading 2025 for GTA6. I know games like this take a long time, but still.

I expect they only teased the trailer a couple of years ago to bump up the price for the Microsoft sell. Doubt we will hear any useful news for at least a couple of years. I actually prefer this approach and hate the usual drip feed of crap we get over a period of years like with Cyberpunk.

Nice 5 second trailer, have an extra billion lol

The trailers were for the fans who Bethesda didn't want to think weren't making single player rpgs anymore, and review bombing and avoiding Fallout 76.

Back
Top Bottom