Elderly White Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The BBC isn't allowed to report the news now? As already pointed out, they were quoting a former chief of the FA.

The faux outrage every time someone mentions old white males is so tiresome.

And no-one here can even say that the FA are simply hiring people on ability (the usual excuse when diversity is raised). The FA is a failed organisation.

yep, just like FIFA, the FA is a wind bag full of hot air and jobs for the boys.

Soldato
The FA have made mistakes, but nothing about their mistakes is caused by being white or old. Unless you feel that being old and white makes you prone to bad decisions?

Judges are forced to retire at 70 these days. Being senile can definitely cause people to make bad decisions.

Soldato
BBC are hypocrites then. Weren't they complaining about the treatment older newscasters were getting last year... you know...the BBC's bunch of Old White Men (and Women)?

The BBC didn't make this statement, they were simply reporting on what the likes of Dyke et. al. said. If you have a beef with what was said it's the ex chairmen you need to call out not the BBC this time

Soldato
Well, it's good that we have an expert in here.

Those ex-FA chairmen don't know ****. I guess that's why they're all 'ex' chairmen, eh?

I'm not sure being a chairman on football board makes you any more qualified than me to suggest being White and old makes you inferior at a job.

Is it ok for me to say that the female managers at my job are **** because they're female? No?

Judges are forced to retire at 70 these days. Being senile can definitely cause people to make bad decisions.

Yeah being old CAN cause that, but my Grandad is in his 70's and still sharper and more intelligent than most people, I still consult his advice on a lot of things, he's just less physically able than he used to be. There are people in their 50's I know who seem to be losing it each passing year.

Last edited:
Soldato
must be easy for a guy who's in that demographic to complain about it when his job isn't affected, eh.

I think Dyke quit because he couldn't / wasn't given any help in trying to actually reform the FA while he was there. So maybe he is / was one of the good guys ? In the grand scheme of things the FA is almost an irrelevance now as the EPL likely carries way more clout now due to the money it can pull to the UK than the FA ever could.

Soldato
Yeah being old CAN cause that, but my Grandad is in his 70's and still sharper and more intelligent than most people, I still consult his advice on a lot of things, he's just less physically able than he used to be. There are people in their 50's I know who seem to be losing it each passing year.

The arbitrary limit of 70 was set so that people didn't have to have that difficult and humiliating "we're forcing you to retire because you're losing your marbles" conversation. It might have negative consequences but it's the lesser of two evils.

Soldato
The arbitrary limit of 70 was set so that people didn't have to have that difficult and humiliating "we're forcing you to retire because you're losing your marbles" conversation. It might have negative consequences but it's the lesser of two evils.

Trump is 70 and he is amazing. It would not be the lesser of two evils if such a great POTUS had to stop MAGA :cool:

Soldato
Of the 232 English Premier League players, 80 are black (or 34.48 per cent). Around 2 per cent of the general British population is black.

I take it this isn't a problem?

Soldato
OP
So the BBC quoting people is the BBCs issue?

No. The issue is how eagerly they turn a spotlight on "old white men", when if the same criticism had been levelled about non-whites, their narrative would be "this person is a racist or bigot" or at the very least "this black person criticising fellow blacks is a total rogue value and here is a dozen articles proving why blacks are great".

The issue is the narrative. And the BBC's narrative is anti-British.

Soldato
OP
The group of former FA chairmen explicitly believe that the FA being substantially old, white, and male is causing the FA to make bad decisions.

That's what this is all about

Why would their being white be a factor? This is textbook racism. And I don't give a hoot that a white person is the one saying it, one can be racist against their own race after all.

I personally fail to see why a nation which is overwhelmingly white needs to explicitly pursue a racially diversification agenda? The best people for the job should get it, irrespective of skin colour.

Soldato
I'm not sure being a chairman on football board makes you any more qualified than me to suggest being White and old makes you inferior at a job.

Perhaps it does make them more qualified to say whether these particular people are an issue. Perhaps these people are actually close to the stereotype being used. Perhaps your righteous indignation is wrong. I don't know the answer to any of that, just as I don't know any of the life vice-presidents who apparently block any changes put forth no matter how minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom