Electric shavers

Soldato
I'm trying to decide over the Braun 9 series pro or the Phillips. Just can't decide
What did you go for?

I recently got a series 9 pro and the first time I used it I found it to be totally useless. Barely cut anything like close. Had to keep going over and over and over. In the end gave up and got my blades out.

Not tried it again yet, but annoyed given the cost of it.....

Associate
I reccomend the philips one blade if you don't need a clean shave.

Battery is amazing on it and it feels good. Only downside is it kind of makes my hairs a bit sharp like they get caught on my clothes a bit for awhile after.

Associate
I reccomend the philips one blade if you don't need a clean shave.

Battery is amazing on it and it feels good. Only downside is it kind of makes my hairs a bit sharp like they get caught on my clothes a bit for awhile after.
I think that's one to be avoided tbh

No clean shave, aren't you supposed to get a clean shave?

Not exactly the kind of review to get people out running for it.

Associate
I think that's one to be avoided tbh

No clean shave, aren't you supposed to get a clean shave?

Not exactly the kind of review to get people out running for it.
I haven't had a clean shave in many years as I don't want a baby face

Last edited:
Associate
I'm using one of the lower end Brauns. It's not very good at anything on the neck. I replaced the cassette hoping it would stop the 'tugging' but it hasn't. Wouldn't mind investing in something better especially if it can better tackle those hairs around the adams apple.

Soldato
I've been shaving wrong ?

never considered below V - but, you notice as you get 40+ found shaving takes longer - face more wrinkled, even more so, just after waking up,
web offered this advice

No matter what time of day you choose to shave, there’s one last thing to keep in mind. The 30-minute rule. Wait at least 30 minutes after getting up from a laying position to shave. And shave 30 minutes before eating. Why? It’s all about blood circulation (particularly in the face). It’s closer to the surface after you wake up and after you eat, which increases your chances of getting a nick or razor burn.

will now be trying a new morning regime - currently about 10minutes
(this is similar to my recent discovery that you shouldn't rinse mouth after brushing teeth.)

Man of Honour
will now be trying a new morning regime - currently about 10minutes
(this is similar to my recent discovery that you shouldn't rinse mouth after brushing teeth.)

One of the best things you do before shaving is to wash your face with warm water and give it a good dry, this will prepare your face for a good electric shave.

Yes I only leaned/learnt about not rinsing your mouth about two years ago on here.

Soldato
Yes I've used a flannel in hot water as prep before electric shaving for last 5 odd years - like the turkish hot towel - can't remember why I started.

colleague at previous work said he shaved in the car on the way to work - with the new mercedes eyes-off/hands-off self drive you could legally do that.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've stopped using the Panasonic clean and charge station as it's just a bit of unnecessary faff when I can just wash the thing under the tap and spray on some braun shaver cleaner which also lubricates the blades once a week.

instead I just got a USB charging cable which is actually way more convenient.

V0XAyiQ.jpg

It's this exact one for my ES-LV97 And charges off any USB input :cool:

Soldato
I have been using the Panasonic ES-LV97 now for 8months and I will never go back to a blade again, cutting myself everytime I shave... Yeah it doesn't get as close as a wet blade but its not far off at all, and it does cause a bit of skin irritation to my neck but not enough to stop me from using it. Plus now I kind of enjoy having a shave knowing that Im not going to cut my self eveytime and I now shave 2-3 times a week, instead of once a week with the wet blade.
I've stopped using the Panasonic clean and charge station as it's just a bit of unnecessary faff when I can just wash the thing under the tap and spray on some braun shaver cleaner which also lubricates the blades once a week.
I always use the cleaning station to drop the shaver in, but only charge and clean the shaver once a week.. First by tapping and blowing the hairs/trimmings out of the shaver and then letting the cleaning station do the rest. Plus with only cleaning the shaver once a week, 1 panasonic cleaning sachets lasts 3 months before the low LED comes on... so this year I have spent a tenner on cleaning sachets and yes they are expensive as a pack of 3 costs about a tenner, but its not at all if you only clean the shaver weekly... 1 pack of 3 sachets has lasted me since the beginning of the year..

What I dont get is how a shaver can lasts yrs before it goes blunt, but a blade only last weeks?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's the quality of the blade I suspect, the tips and motion are consistent every time whereas a hand blade different ways of being used each time resulting in extra wear.

Back
Top Bottom