Electric shavers

Soldato
I paid £150 for a phillips shaver a few years ago and literally used it 2 or 3 times before going back to blades. Wasn't what I was expecting at all.

My new 7000 series cost £120.61 ex VAT. I’ve had two shaves with it so far and it’s brilliant. Really close and quick too.

Soldato
My new 7000 series cost £120.61 ex VAT. I’ve had two shaves with it so far and it’s brilliant. Really close and quick too.

Got mine when it was on offer at Philips direct for £119.

Used to wet shave but was always nicking myself, tried a Braun type shaver but found the foil failed too easily, causing cuts.

So bought a Philips rotary, got a good shave, and have useless them for years now.

This 7000 though, it's on another level, closest shave next to a blade I've ever had.

Soldato
Got mine when it was on offer at Philips direct for £119.

Seems to be £159.99 inc VAT on Philips site now…

Is that where you got yours from?

This 7000 though, it's on another level, closest shave next to a blade I've ever had.

I agree feels just as good as a blade shave.

Soldato
Seems to be £159.99 inc VAT on Philips site now…

Is that where you got yours from?

I agree feels just as good as a blade shave.

Yep, that's the one.

They had it up at £129.99 over BF, and then an extra tenner off when you signed up for their newsletter.

Bit of a bargain compared to their current price!

Soldato
They had it up at £129.99 over BF, and then an extra tenner off when you signed up for their newsletter.

I see I only paid £120.61 as I’m in the Channel Islands so no VAT. Almost as good as what you paid. I checked Philips T&C and they don’t deliver to the Channel Islands so would not have been able to take advantage of that offer. I would have wanted a VAT refund as well.

Associate
I've tried electric shavers several times during my life, but I've always found that the shave is not as close, it takes longer (as you have to keep going over the same area again and again), and then it causes irritation particularly on my neck. I use an electric shaver on my head, and it works great, but again on the back of my neck I get irritated (but at least I only shave once a week).

Anyone have this issue with irritation on the neck, and did they find any electric shaver that helped?

Soldato
I've tried electric shavers several times during my life, but I've always found that the shave is not as close, it takes longer (as you have to keep going over the same area again and again), and then it causes irritation particularly on my neck.

I used to feel the same as you, but then decided to use an electric shaver anyway and put up with a shave which is not as close as it’s better than nothing. I’ve been using electric shavers since 2010.

I have to admit though this 7000 series is the closest I’ve ever had to a blade, you really get what you pay for.

Soldato
I've tried electric shavers several times during my life, but I've always found that the shave is not as close, it takes longer (as you have to keep going over the same area again and again), and then it causes irritation particularly on my neck. I use an electric shaver on my head, and it works great, but again on the back of my neck I get irritated (but at least I only shave once a week).

Anyone have this issue with irritation on the neck, and did they find any electric shaver that helped?
As above unfortunately its a case of getting what you pay for. I enjoyed wet shaving with Safety razor etc, but time consuming. I bought Braun 9 Series and was very surprised, like most things you have to build a new technique in how you use it, and will get not as good results the first couple weeks or so. I get very little if any irritation on my neck from using it, also be sure to use Electric shaving lotion before hand.

Soldato
Received my cleaning cartridges from Amazon today. I paid £ 11.66 ex VAT for them as I had a £5 discount from Amazon...

TNiZiCD.png

Just want a close shave for as long as possible. I only need to shave every other day because its so close, will prolong the cartridges too.

Soldato
Just read this…

You are only supposed to use the cleaning pod weekly, in that case a cleaning cartridge should last three months. I’ve used it three times this week already, will cut back usage of it now to weekly.

Also says you shouldn’t use your own cleaning fluid.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone noticed that the Panasonic clean/charge station has a heated fan? Was letting mine run the fan mode earlier and took it off to do something, touched the base inside where the head sits and it's hot to the touch. Always thought it was just a cold air fan since it runs for like an hour after cleaning to dry out the head so all the more curious as to why it runs for so long since it's heated.

Caporegime
Mine's only a VFM model by Sweetlf, I think I paid around £30-35 several years ago for it.

I only shave every other day, so maybe if I increased it back to every day as I used to, it might irritate my skin a bit.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, though. No complaints.

Soldato
people(adults) need electric toothbrushes that check they have brushed all surfaces and not too hard - the film idiocracy had it nailed.
alexa, too ......

multiple passes - yes you need that with panasonic , but can you shave an adams apple in one go with a wet shave.

e: 3 blade version of the panasonic lv97 is still 'only' £50 , if you don't have a big flat face needed for the 5 blade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello, I've been looking at electric shavers on and off for years now. I've never used one but I really like the idea of dry shaving in a couple of minutes and not having to go through the process of wet shaving and all the plastic waste that comes with it.

Can anyone recommend a shaver please?

I would like it to shave as close as possible, I have pretty sensitive skin and thin patchy facial hair that I shave at least twice a week because I prefer a clean shaven look but willing to accept a bit of stubble for the convenience.

Budget around £100 but can pay more if something will definitely do what I want

Thanks shaving pros!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the Panasonic LV97 shaver today for xmas and its brilliant, much easier than wet shaving with a blade and its almost as close too and takes me about 5 mins instead of 20+ mins with a blade.. Plus for the past few years I have been cutting myself for some reason, so I always dread shaving, but now I dont have to wrorry and no irritating at all

The cleaning station fits nice on the 3d printed shelf Ive made and wound up the excess cable up at the back around the shelf...

J100FAf.jpg
Hi,

Just looking at this for the same reasons as you.

Is there a reason you paid more for the one that comes with the charging/cleaning station? You can get it without for £20 less and seeing as though it can be cleaned under a tap I'm not sure I need it?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom