Electric shavers

Soldato
I have had the shaver for a week now and I can't see me going back to a blade because the panasonic gets as close and feels like a wet blade shave for a few hrs after.. Also because shaving now takes less than half the time and have no irritation, snagging or pain, I am now shaving every day instead of ever 3-4days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered one of these…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/shaver

Had been using one of these…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/shaver2

Bought it on 24/10/21 for £41.66 ex VAT and it worked ok for a year. Bought a new set of genuine heads for £16.67 on 11/11/22 and they are blunt already. Best one I’ve had was HQ7390/17 F1 Design that I paid £58.98 for off eBay which lasted me over eleven years with replacement heads as required.

Even used some cheap heads from China on eBay and they worked ok for the price, this new one is the most I’ve ever spent on an electric shaver so I hope it’s good.

Soldato
Just ordered one of these…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/shaver

Had been using one of these…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/shaver2

Bought it on 24/10/21 for £41.66 ex VAT and it worked ok for a year. Bought a new set of genuine heads for £16.67 on 11/11/22 and they are blunt already. Best one I’ve had was HQ7390/17 F1 Design that I paid £58.98 for off eBay which lasted me over eleven years with replacement heads as required.

Even used some cheap heads from China on eBay and they worked ok for the price, this new one is the most I’ve ever spent on an electric shaver so I hope it’s good.

I bought it recently and it gives a great shave.

If you ever learn to read pictograms on how to operate the cleaner, let me know! :p

Man of Honour
Picked up a Babyliss Stubble XTP for about £40 this week. Considering it's replacing it's ancestor (maybe 8 years old) that just had battery death and could only be used plugged in, I'm hoping it lasts as long. Although can't be used plugged in anymore sadly.

Soldato
Had my first shave with my new 7000 series. Nice and close and the cleaning pod thing is excellent. Should keep the heads sharp for as long as possible but you’ve got to buy a new cartridge full of cleaning liquid every three months. That costs £19.99 for three of them.

Man of Honour
Had my first shave with my new 7000 series. Nice and close and the cleaning pod thing is excellent. Should keep the heads sharp for as long as possible but you’ve got to buy a new cartridge full of cleaning liquid every three months. That costs £19.99 for three of them.

I've had my shaver with cleaning station for years and never used the cleaning station only to charge.
Personally I can't see the point of them.
Open up, clean with brush and run under the tap - job done.

Soldato
I've had my shaver with cleaning station for years and never used the cleaning station only to charge.

According to their claims it’s 10 times better than using a tap. More hygienic too.

Soldato
What @silvergreyfox basically, I have a cleaning station but I make my own fluid.

The amount you’d spend on fluid, you might as well just buy a new blade which you’d be replacing anyway regardless of if you use their cleaning fluid or not.

It’s really not the right attitude but you could probably get new shaver every couple of years with the amount you’d spend on cleaning fluid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I’ve had a bad experience with my 3000 series. It was only £41.66 ex VAT and the original heads lasted a year. I bought new ones for £16.67 and they didn’t last two months. I put it down to the fact that I never cleaned it every day but then I didn’t with the originals and they lasted a year.

Soldato
yes, but, it's more effective to clean them with soap&small-brush, once a week, and re-lube when dry,
rather than having them auto-washed in a recirculated liquid , in the station, which (oxymoron) is both a detergent and lube.

Soldato
Well I've just ordered three cartridges from Amazon with a £5 discount for £15.04. They should last me 9 months and 3 months with the one I got with it, so covered for a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a lifetime of brush and blade I really fancy a change.
I have got a 3000 series, worked ok for a year then needed new heads, the replacements didn’t last long hence why I bought a 7000 series. One problem I did have with the 3000 series was when removing the heads part trying to put it back on was a pain.

Happened when replacing the heads and also when taking it off to clean, nearly gave up the first time but got it back on in the end. When it happened the second time when cleaning the heads I knew I could get it back on eventually.

Soldato
The only real difference with using the cleaning station on the LV97 is that you don't need to oil the blades as the station does this for you... I only use the cleaning station once a week and I only empty the LV97 shaver head once a week aswel, because either my facial hair doesn't grow much or the shaver cuts so finely(and the cuttings are real tiny) that there's next to no hair in the shaver head or foil after 1 shave?

Last edited:
Soldato
My panasonic LV95 gave up on Sunday after about 6 years, so ordered myself a Braun 9 series, coming tomorrow hopefully. (I say gave up, the flick up trimmer stopped working so using at as an upgrade excuse)

I had a Braun 3 series before the Panasonic and sadly, the Panny was never quite as good, it's decent but always had the urge to go back to Braun. However my wife bought me the LV95 so I had to wait until it broke to go back :D

Soldato
shave at night - yes good point hadn't read below one before, but had wondered if stubble grows less at night time, so you wouldn't look too unshaven next day.
Your body has had time to allow fluid and buildup to drain back into your body, so your face is less puffy and the hairs can protrude properly.

Back
Top Bottom