Electric shavers

Soldato
I'm using the Panasonic dock station all the time now, just much more convenient.
Whats the measurements of the cleaning station as Im going to have a go at 3d printing a shelf out? Hopefully I will be able to put it in-between the mirror and toothbrush.. The toothbrush stand is also 3d printed as you cant buy a braun toothbrush with a with a wall charging stand anymore.

JdnQBV1.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't have a ruler to hand but 4" by 4" would provide a suitable enough shelf with enough space either edge for wiggle room. The power plug also plugs in vertically in a recess on the housing so does not stck out and will sit flush against the back of a wall/tile.

Soldato
Shelf designed, printed and up, now just have to wait till xmas and hope it fits ok. I have made back to front 4.5" as I thought best had leave a bit of room so not to block the fan.. I used mammoth double sided tape to fix it on the wall, to try to get away with not having to drill through the tiles and so far it feels pretty solid, as Ive tugged on it pretty hard and its not budging.

ffAw7jg.jpg

Soldato
That looks nice, paint it white to match the surroundings though? :D
Well I was going to print it in white but then thought it will probably be better in black because the station is grey and black, and the only reason for doing the toothbrush stand in white was because the toothbrush is white;).. Anyway I can print it again if needs be, but thats if I can get it off, as its stuck a bit too well.:mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally found the measurement for the cleaning station(older version, but looks the same other than the colour) and I have only 2-3mm of wriggle room to spare on the shelf width ways.. And no problem back to front as I made it bigger to leave some room for the fan..So the shelf is the perfect size if the older station is the same size as the new 1, and will be using a bit of bluetac so it cant be accidentally knocked off...
vStQyt7.jpg

@goldy6660 How are you liking the shaver?

Last edited:
Soldato
good deal on braun 3 series blades / proskin https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FX9JUOK 32B £22.49

picked one up for relation, in restrospect should have picked up more blades for my older braun& panasonic 3 blades which are now unobtanium.
If Braun came out with a linear motor version with 3 blades I might buy back in, from current panasonic 3 blade.

--

Electric shaving much more comfortable sitting down in bedroom with big mirror, more heated than blocking bathroom.

Soldato
I have Panasonic foil and cutters on order for my quite old ES-RF41 - Because they are so expensive I bought a Braun S3 but the Panasonic is still better so spent £40 and have two shavers. Braun for rough stuff and P for nice touch.

Why do I have this vision of legs in the air and full size mirror ??

Associate
I finally found the measurement for the cleaning station(older version, but looks the same other than the colour) and I have only 2-3mm of wriggle room to spare on the shelf width ways.. And no problem back to front as I made it bigger to leave some room for the fan..So the shelf is the perfect size if the older station is the same size as the new 1, and will be using a bit of bluetac so it cant be accidentally knocked off...
vStQyt7.jpg

@goldy6660 How are you liking the shaver?
Tbh really liking it so far, only frustration is sometimes when the neck hairs are too flat but the back blade sorts them out

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tbh really liking it so far, only frustration is sometimes when the neck hairs are too flat but the back blade sorts them out
Liking the 79 here too. Neck hairs are always a problem for most foiled shavers, the back trimmer though as you say sorted them out and just so happens the Panasonic back trimmer is really good compared to teh Braun series 9 one I am finding. I just wish that shavers came with a narrow popout trimmer too to tackle hairs that grow around the ear hols that are on the outside, but inside that little recess bit lol.

Anyways, I didn't shave for a week and today figured I'd see how capable the 79 really is (used dry), did a fine job and feels like a wet blade shave:

lols_20221211_210120.jpg

I think even the guy across the road approved as he gave me a straight arm salute which I didn't quite understand but some folks are a little different I guess and I just nodded and carried about my business.

Soldato
Liking the 79 here too. Neck hairs are always a problem for most foiled shavers, the back trimmer though as you say sorted them out and just so happens the Panasonic back trimmer is really good compared to teh Braun series 9 one I am finding. I just wish that shavers came with a narrow popout trimmer too to tackle hairs that grow around the ear hols that are on the outside, but inside that little recess bit lol.

Anyways, I didn't shave for a week and today figured I'd see how capable the 79 really is (used dry), did a fine job and feels like a wet blade shave:

lols_20221211_210120.jpg

I think even the guy across the road approved as he gave me a straight arm salute which I didn't quite understand but some folks are a little different I guess and I just nodded and carried about my business.
@Roar87 @C Kent @Chris Wilson @arknor @Energize @dowie @[FnG]magnolia (mags purely for the fashion).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato
as I used my panasonic this morning reminded of real reason ..

you do need to invert the chunky Pan heads to do under the nose.

maybe the fuhrer had a pre-production Pan

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato

lols_20221211_210120.jpg

You mean the 97 And it looks like it did a pretty good job too, how long did it take and did it take a lot of passes?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh yes 97, for some reason been thinking it was an LV79 all this time :D

took a few minutes in total, it got a smooth finish after a couple of passes but under my chin on the roof of the upper neck I always have a few strands that the head doesn't reach without an angled attack so I always do those areas with a few different angles - This has been the case with every shaver whether manual or electric though.

I like that if I want a small stubble to remain then a single pass will trim it down and all's good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the Panasonic LV97 shaver today for xmas and its brilliant, much easier than wet shaving with a blade and its almost as close too and takes me about 5 mins instead of 20+ mins with a blade.. Plus for the past few years I have been cutting myself for some reason, so I always dread shaving, but now I dont have to wrorry and no irritating at all

The cleaning station fits nice on the 3d printed shelf Ive made and wound up the excess cable up at the back around the shelf...

J100FAf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom