Electric shavers

Associate
After a lot of reading and deliberations I have ended up on the Panasonic after reading the reviews on here with the feedback from mrk. Shall give review when it arrives in a few days.

Soldato
we'll need a bigger razer review

panasonic-arc6-review.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That one does not look like it has the rubbery thumb grip the 79 does, that thumb area is so ergonomic I forgot to mention before. Compared to all the Brauns I've had and the old Panasonic, this helps really a lot with the way I am shaving now thanks to improved ergonomics.

Soldato
Lol I shall grow the beard til it's arrival just so I can see it's true cutting power :cry::cry:
People shouldn't really do this as all electric shivers even safety razors are not great when it comes to long whiskers/stubble. Your main concerns should be is, is shaving faster than with your previous shaver/razor and also the closeness and comfort of the shave. Reviewers annoy me when they let there face grow into a jungle and then says the shaver is rubbish when it cant cut through it:mad:

Last edited:
Associate
People shouldn't really do this as all electric shivers even safety razors are not great when it comes to long whiskers/stubble. Your main concerns should be is, is shaving faster than with your previous shaver/razor and also the closeness and comfort of the shave. Reviewers annoy me when they let there face grow into a jungle and then says the shaver is rubbish when it cant cut through it:mad:
Tbf it looks very much like my 1st choice which was the Braun 9series but I'll save £70 so it just helped with the decision. I'd referenced mrk in order to give some appreciation for the review.

Caporegime
Finally got my Braun Series 6 today. Gave it a try.

Smooth finish, no skin irritation, washes under the tap. I like it. I also like all the clippers accessories that it comes with.

My only nit pick is the charging cord is a bit short though...like really short. The old Series 3 cable is like a coiled one, this is just straight and a half the length.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using the Panasonic dock station all the time now, just much more convenient.
I will be using the cleaning station for storing the shaver in aswel, but will just have it plugged in to the mains when cleaning or charging the shaver. And will probably buy a shelf and have it next to my toothbrush on the bathroom wall

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It actually stops feeding power when it's fully charged on the station, you have to detach it (it's magnetic) then let it sit back in to get a trickle charge check, so pretty energy efficient. I bought one of these to attach to the plug as my bathroom doesn't have a socket, so the station sits elsewhere full-time plugged in.

Soldato
It actually stops feeding power when it's fully charged on the station, you have to detach it (it's magnetic) then let it sit back in to get a trickle charge check, so pretty energy efficient. I bought one of these to attach to the plug as my bathroom doesn't have a socket, so the station sits elsewhere full-time plugged in.
You want to let the battery run down a bit though as it cant do the battery much good always charged?

Soldato
Finally got my Braun Series 6 today. Gave it a try.

Smooth finish, no skin irritation, washes under the tap. I like it. I also like all the clippers accessories that it comes with.

My only nit pick is the charging cord is a bit short though...like really short. The old Series 3 cable is like a coiled one, this is just straight and a half the length.
You can buy the cleaning station separately for the 6 series if you have somewhere to put it. Then you can keep the shaver in the station when not using it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can buy the cleaning station separately for the 6 series if you have somewhere to put it. Then you can keep the shaver in the station when not using it?

It’s unplugged when not charging, same spot but the cable is really short.

I’ll rinse it between uses and charge when required, then it does the whole lotion posh fluids clean thing.

The old one I take off the foil and kinda knock out the hair which isn’t the best method. Able to rinse under a normal tap is so much better.

Soldato
I was going to get the series 6 but just changed my mind at the last minute... Im going to see if blowing is enough to get rid of the whiskers out of Panasonic and then give it a clean in the station weekly.. Its really annoying because I received the shaver yesterday but cant use it till xmas as its a present from my family.. Dammit:mad:
:D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You want to let the battery run down a bit though as it cant do the battery much good always charged?
This is an old thing that I don't think applies in modern batteries really. Even with phones, even though some have a setting to only charge to 85% etc and websites still say to let the battery get used but keep it within 60-80% ideally etc.

in all these years have never seen any issues with capacity degrade. The Series 9 was always charged up to full, my phones always charged to full sat on the wireless pad all day and in the car, torch batteries always charged to full, all lasting years and years.

With modern batteries the average charge cycle life before degrade is at least 500 full charge cycles. That's many years of service.

Also worth noting that many devices/batteries reporting a full charge aren't actually fully charging the battery. They come with over the rated capacity, so charging a 2450mAh battery will charge to 100%, but the actual capacity is a little higher so it's actually not charging to 100% Various b Battery makers factor this into the design.

Soldato
Panasonic batteries can be changed fairly cheaply <£10 - changed the single AA'ish sized Lion once in 20 years for old arc3, no soldering needed unlike older braun3

if only foils were as cheap, I've always replaced foil&cutter on Pan, never experimented to see if cutter alone would restore most of performance

Back
Top Bottom