Elite:Dangerous

Soldato
Really glad I picked this up again this weekend. Doing some passenger missions from rhea to get some cash together so I'm not hovering on that rebuy limit, and also because one day I'd like a corvette. In the meantime I might pick up a second anaconda so I can have one for combat and one for trading/exploring without needing to do the jack of all trades thing

Associate
I'd still like to carry around virtual tokens for everything I've bought so that I can just present the token to 'hire' the module leaving me free to switch out as often as need be without that stupid waiting around for something to turn up from another system.
I log on, want to have a bit of fun trading but have to wait 2 hours and a hefty sum of money before i can do thta, so I usually log out and don't play or do something else and then find I'm at a different system/station and need to do it all again....

Soldato
I'd still like to carry around virtual tokens for everything I've bought so that I can just present the token to 'hire' the module leaving me free to switch out as often as need be without that stupid waiting around for something to turn up from another system.
I log on, want to have a bit of fun trading but have to wait 2 hours and a hefty sum of money before i can do thta, so I usually log out and don't play or do something else and then find I'm at a different system/station and need to do it all again....
I tend to have ships for each activity and then just move them to my current home system so they're always nearby. The exception being my anaconda as I have it set up for passenger missions now (with full weapons and Shields) , but I like using it for combat as well. Ideally I'd have a corvette for combat and use the anaconda for trading or passenger missions.

Soldato
@Devrij second cobra I'm still working for my first :o got 35 million for it on Sunday though :D

I'm gonna assume you mean anaconda? What are you flying now? I've seen you on, you should pop down to Rhea and we can wing up and blow off some steam at the Almun conflict zone. I nearly got my arse handed to me there earlier. Bit off a bit more than I could chew taking on a corvette while three other ships pounded me. Got the corvette and made it out with 20% hull. I do wish my ship were fast enough to run away!

Soldato
Anyone got any tips on farming some credits ? So far I'm sticking close to security forces in high security areas amid asteroid fields to claim bounties but it's taken me an actual age to get to 1 million due to each ship sometimes only paying out 10k, Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Anyone got any tips on farming some credits ? So far I'm sticking close to security forces in high security areas amid asteroid fields to claim bounties but it's taken me an actual age to get to 1 million due to each ship sometimes only paying out 10k, Any info would be greatly appreciated.
In the high Res wait around for large wanted ship's like pythons/anaconda's etc they are worth £100000+ only shoot them once the police have softened them up first.

Soldato
passenger runs are still okay, just dropped 12 business peeps off for 1.8 milland i'm now doing six data runs to hutton orbital (bye bye 45 minutes of my life) for 5 million.

Soldato
I got this and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing on it. Spent 90 mins warping around until my ship overheated and melted near a planet LOL.

I can see myself losing lots of time over it, has this got built in voice commands then or do I need a separate app?

Associate
I got this and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing on it. Spent 90 mins warping around until my ship overheated and melted near a planet LOL.

I can see myself losing lots of time over it, has this got built in voice commands then or do I need a separate app?
For voice commands you need another app - most people use Voice Attack, as you can then use these Elite specific voice packs with it: https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/

Can't vouch for it myself as I've never got round to trying it, but the videos for some of those packs really are quite cool.

Soldato
Voice attack is the "go to" app, you don't need to use the HCS voice packs as you can configure everything yourself but they do add a lot of colour to the experience and the new Singularity beta for the HCS packs mean that if you have more than one pack installed you can assign different voices/AIs to different positions in the ship.

Make sure you do the voice recognition training in Windows as VoiceAtttack uses this, I linked to some instructions earlier in this thread

It's a Windows mechanism, have a read of these sites:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-speech-recognition-voice-training

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-speech-to-text-guide/

Do it quite a few times, particularly if your accent is strong, the more you do it the better it gets.

:)

Associate

Have you done all the tutorials? Sounds like you're handling things just fine if you can manage to jump around. Have you had any dog fights? Have you taken any missions? Have you tried mining (not everyone's cup of tea but worth a go at least once)?

Associate
Noticed it’s £9.99 on steam, I only have a 290 but I’m interested in it, how would my aging space heater handle this in VR? Also is the game playable with an xbox360 controller? I game from my sofa so I don’t a have a desk for a Hotas setup

Back
Top Bottom