Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Easy, I know energy will go up in October so I’m putting some cash aside now to help pay for it

Chances are these energy prices will stay here for ever so stop crying and plan a head

So just suck it up and say nothing?

You can only plan so much contingency into your budget. The idea is that wage growth is slightly higher than inflation which enables people's quality of life to get better as time goes on but if inflation massively out grows wages then you have an issue.

People's standard of life is going to be at its worst since 1956 and inflation is approaching a 40 year high.

We're not talking a small blip, this could be catastrophic to some people and you say "stop crying and plan ahead"... Just wow...

Easy, I know energy will go up in October so I’m putting some cash aside now to help pay for it

Chances are these energy prices will stay here for ever so stop crying and plan a head

I'm sorry but a lot of people DO NOT have money to put away, the combined cost of living increases will not allow them.

These people are not exactly living lives of luxury, this is just the state of things. I do not earn NMW, there is little I can change as I said in previous posts.

Increases of 50% or more in some cases with certain bills add up to numbers that cost cutting simply doesn't help.

I think maybe you need to have some empathy because its not only lower income people that will struggle with this, so will people in the middle income brackets and people who are normally comfortable/well off.

exactly - fred west? is just trolling.

They did mention a metre check, our apartments are “new” less than 15 years old. Not to say the metre is fine or anything but it’s likely not that.
ask the neighbours with similar heating/energy systems, but as said, if you have a personally verified reading when the supplier got swapped (what 6 months ago?), and data from previous years, that should nail what useage is possible.

Not sure Eon is any worse than others - communication from Bulb when they died was poor - they could just send an email showing what the new unit costs are,
rather than burying this on their crummy/unresponsive web-site -
(had to run a qoute on my postcode to see new rates in april 4/26->7/27, 20/24->29/37)

10K units a year, if real, is 20 odd units a day, so I'd be reading the meter every hour possible to see how it changes.

I
As I said earlier, I can afford to ride this out, others such as my daughter will really struggle. Of course, I'll help her out if need be but is that what we're becoming as a country, having to lend a helping hand for the bare essentials?

That's when they head for houses with the lights on. Better keep those curtains closed fredwi :p
I’ll tell them it’s candles.

I was thinking along the lines of riots in London though. Not the poor scrounging to charge their phones in homes that have the electricity on haha.

The £100 exit fee is a joke.
as is the 100% renewable claims (from all suppliers).
No, its not 100% renewable when you have to have gas plants for balancing and peak times! Stop the fairyland fantasy.
Or in fact, require energy storage facilities to be able to make this claim.

Angry. In these times of uncertainty of future gas supplies, this label could make some people switch so that they have a "secure" supply "independent" of gas.

The offer im getting from Scottish power! whilst we are certainly on the higher end of the usage scale (currently shy of 200month for winter), this is rather shocking!

wv0jici.jpg

I believe its a case that Scottish Power do not want more customers hence the prices.
I believe they are even dumping business customers.

But if you want to pay those rates they'll have you!

Back
Top Bottom