Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

From July 1, your energy prices will reduce around 17% on average, because wholesale costs between February and May dropped from their winter peak.

You’ll find a personalised breakdown of your new rates attached.

This price drop (and future price forecasts) is already factored into our regular payment checks, so it has been reducing your monthly payments for a while now.

We won’t adjust your payments right now, but we’ll continue to run our checks — if it looks like you could do with an adjustment, we’ll send you a recommendation.

This price drop (and future price forecasts) is already factored into our regular payment checks, so it has been reducing your monthly payments for a while now.

No you haven't Octopus, I manually dropped it last month because you wanted to raise it WAY above what it should be :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To fix or not to fix. Just had a "deal" come through from Eon next. Currently on their flex tariff Elec 49.60p SC/30.29 Unit - Gas 29.11 SC/7.61 Unit. New offer to fix for 1 year is Elec 43.57 SC/29.98 Unit - Gas 23.08 SC/7.48 Unit.
On projected they're saying i will save £52 if i fix.

To fix or not to fix. Just had a "deal" come through from Eon next. Currently on their flex tariff Elec 49.60p SC/30.29 Unit - Gas 29.11 SC/7.61 Unit. New offer to fix for 1 year is Elec 43.57 SC/29.98 Unit - Gas 23.08 SC/7.48 Unit.
On projected they're saying i will save £52 if i fix.

I got that but it has £150 of exit fees so not worth it IMO..

Electricity
Gas
Daily standing charge
44.37p23.08p
Unit rate
38.27p per kWh (Day)
13.63p per kWh (Night)
7.25p per kWh
Best offer I have had off Eon but Im in the process of moving to Octopus.

Electricity
Gas
Daily standing charge
44.37p23.08p
Unit rate
38.27p per kWh (Day)
13.63p per kWh (Night)
7.25p per kWh
Best offer I have had off Eon but Im in the process of moving to Octopus.

Wish mine was that low for leccy!

Flexible Octopus November 2022 v1
Prices follow wholesale costs

DAY RATE NIGHT RATE
44.25 p/kWh 17.74 p/kWh
STANDING CHARGE
45.66p/day

I'm thinking of switching...

This was the MAY bill...
Tariff Name Flexible Octopus
November 2022 v1
Product Type Variable
Payment Method Direct Debit
Unit Rate (Day) 58.71p per kW/h
Unit Rate (Night) 33.46p per kW/h
Standing Charge 43.49p/day

Current June
Flexible Octopus November 2022 v1
Prices follow wholesale costs

DAY RATE
44.25 p/kWh 17.74 p/kWh
NIGHT RATE
17.74 p/kWh
STANDING CHARGE
45.66p/day
(All rates inc. VAT)

And this is the
Flexible Octopus
Daily standing charge 45.66p /day
Unit rate (day) 38.72p /kWh
Unit rate (night) 16.39p /kWh
Early exit fee £0

Thoughts? :)

Solar Panels were fitted around two weeks ago, just waiting on the Certificate to do Octopus Outgoing

Last edited:
I've decided to switch...

All done!
We've updated your account and your new tariff will be the Flexible Octopus tariff.

You'll start using this tariff on 22nd June 2023.

There's no early Exit fee's, the day rate is lower as is the night rate. Although Standing charge still sucks! Once I get my Solar Certificate I can hopefully get money back for the energy supplied :D

Just had notice of my price reduction from July.

Electricity is down 9% and gas down 27%.

Nice work, Shell. Split it so that the majority of the reduction is on gas, when it's the time of year that practically zero gas is used due to no heating :rolleyes:

I was with them. Moved over to Octopus Tracker. Could not be happier.

Octopus recently agreed to extend my Oct 21 Go tariff for another year.

23.76p per KwH, 5p off peak with 17.55p SC until June 2024.

Weird. Why do they do that? Most companies would just force you onto their latest version which obviously costs more. Did you do or say anything in particular?

Octopus recently agreed to extend my Oct 21 Go tariff for another year.

23.76p per KwH, 5p off peak with 17.55p SC until June 2024.
Thats great news, but it seems they been selective, willing to sub some older tariff extensions and tough luck to others. I think they have always been more willing to subsidise EV tariffs though.

Anyone else on GO should try the same.

Anyone know what EON will do with those of us who signed in to a fixed that was quite high just before the price cap came out with regards to the price drop in July? I can't recall the tariff I signed into and on my bill it currently states Next Flex.

I assume prices will be dropping below the cap price July 1st? If so wondering whether EON will pass on the saving or not? I get the feeling Next Flex doesn't actually mean it's variable rate.

Have EDF released their updated prices yet? I've not yet had an email about the new prices.
I've just had an email from EDF with my new prices this morning. The prices are about as predicted, though the gas was barely better than predicted.

The biggest winner is gas, with my annual cost falling by around 23%. Electric anuual cost however will only fall by 6%. :(

I've just had an email from EDF with my new prices this morning. The prices are about as predicted, though the gas was barely better than predicted.

The biggest winner is gas, with my annual cost falling by around 23%. Electric anuual cost however will only fall by 6%. :(
dont look at % rates of rise and fall.......they are different due to the huge difference in price per unit...

Casing point

Leccy is 30p.....drop it 2p and thats a decrease of 9%
Gas is 10p....drop it 2p and thats a decrease of 20%

Yet they have both dropped 2p in unit costs......

No you haven't Octopus, I manually dropped it last month because you wanted to raise it WAY above what it should be :rolleyes:
This is why I now pay for what I use monthly. Rather than pay [say] £300 to the energy company each month, I transfer that £300 into an interest bearing account. My monthly direct debit comes out of that account. They get what I owe them, nothing more. I still put aside extra each month to account for the difference in cost between the winter and the summer and I get the interest. I win.

Casing point
:eek:

Am I now going to blow your mind by telling you it should be "case in point" and you've been saying it wrong for years? :cry:

This is why I now pay for what I use monthly. Rather than pay [say] £300 to the energy company each month, I transfer that £300 into an interest bearing account. My monthly direct debit comes out of that account. They get what I owe them, nothing more. I still put aside extra each month to account for the difference in cost between the winter and the summer and I get the interest. I win.

:eek:

Am I now going to blow your mind by telling you it should be "case in point" and you've been saying it wrong for years? :cry:
not really...... i just type things as i say them, and dont really care if someone on the internet points out im wrong.

Back
Top Bottom