Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think I'll be moving back to Go. ~30p/9.5p is a (relatively) decent price. With Agile prices creeping up lately, and the EPG coming to an end, that tariff has likely had its day.
The GO advertised to me is higher then that (41p peak, 12p off peak, Octopus Go October 2022 v1). if thats still on offer and they not checking if own an EV, its not bad as an assured price for a year.

Also interesting they adjusting tracker formula the same day they letting more on it, I be surprised if its not a bump to the multiplier. Octopus seem to be getting a bit more profit driven now they have established their reputation.

Last edited:
The GO advertised to me is higher then that (41p peak, 12p off peak, Octopus Go October 2022 v1). if thats still on offer and they not checking if own an EV, its not bad as an assured price for a year.

Also interesting they adjusting tracker formula the same day they letting more on it, I be surprised if its not a bump to the multiplier. Octopus seem to be getting a bit more profit driven now they have established their reputation.

I thought they had changed the Go T&Cs to now not be fixed (12 months) for new entrants.

I thought they had changed the Go T&Cs to now not be fixed (12 months) for new entrants.
No idea, but if its the case, thats the same as what they did with Agile.

I think with GO some are getting offered/renewed on an older tariff. The 30p version posted above must be an older one as the regional variance isnt 11p.

Last edited:
Well following the good reports on here of Octopus twitter, I sent them a DM asking for confirmation I am on the waiting list as had no email receipt, they just flat out moved me, so I am on tracker for both now.

Interesting. Can you recall when you requested to be on the waiting list?

Last week sometime.

I requested the confirmation early hours of this morning.

Only my gas is a fixed term though, so electric looks like its open to any changes they may want to push on to me.

Last edited:
Last week sometime.

I requested the confirmation early hours of this morning.

Only my gas is a fixed term though, so electric looks like its open to any changes they may want to push on to me.
Ahh ok. So, with me, I'm on Agile and want to stay on that for electricity. I'm wanting to move to tracker for gas only.

Ahh ok. So, with me, I'm on Agile and want to stay on that for electricity. I'm wanting to move to tracker for gas only.
I think they only moved me as I am already a tracker customer on gas.

Agile is still pretty good but I wanted tracker for electric as I will lose the £6 a month saving anyway I had on agile for the cheap SC, and the formula I feel is favourable to tracker. But I would have stayed on agile if I was consistently using energy at cheap hours, like charging batteries or something.

Can I say something silly and state its already been 'built' but left unused. Someone in engineering could calculate the mass of potential energy going through the Severn estuary everyday. I doubt its all going to be captured, efficiency wont be 100% but that line of thinking is far more likely to work where every day with turbines deployed its free energy. It should pay for itself and in any case the diversity and known quantity of produced energy daily would be useful.
I believe its correct to equate it to a battery, they can store or decide to release the energy on demand.

They've been trying to build this for years in a Canadian bay that has a massive tidal range, but they can't build any kind of turbine that doesn't get quickly ripped apart.

This is strange:
Image1.jpg

Says I'm on the tracker but has the old rates.

Hmm interesting from Octopus. I just emailed "hello" and the response is "Regarding your request to move your Gas tariff from Flexible to Tracker, I'm afraid we don't currently offer a Tracker tariff for Gas."?!

Back
Top Bottom