Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Hmm interesting from Octopus. I just emailed "hello" and the response is "Regarding your request to move your Gas tariff from Flexible to Tracker, I'm afraid we don't currently offer a Tracker tariff for Gas."?!

Twitter DM them apparently email responses are being done by AI lol.

You should then at least get an actual human answering.

They definitely do as I'm on it!

Heh, I just tried and every DM I attempt to send to @OctopusEnergy, Twitter tells me it failed to send!

Weird, they're actively asking for DM's still, maybe tweet @ them about it and see if they invite you to post one?

I hope they're not trying to kill the DM process as it works pretty well when I've needed it, like a delayed live chat.

Last edited:
Weird, they're actively asking for DM's still, maybe tweet @ them about it and see if they invite you to post one?

I hope they're not trying to kill the DM process as it works pretty well when I've needed it, like a delayed live chat.
I tweeted their account, which did work. I'll see what happens.
i also have an email from them aying i am being switched to gas tracker only on july 1st
Hmmm. If I get no further with Twitter; I'll reply to the original email reply.

I got a DM from Octopus but my attempt to get moved to Tracker Gas has failed, as been redirected back to the "Register your interest" link. I have replied that I registered weeks ago with no reply. Hohum (:

Im looking on the website - I can only see an option for Octopus tracker - but it doesn't specify whether this is electricity or gas or both - I only want to sign up to gas tracker?
The DM reply I just got was as follows:
"For Tracker you just need to register your interest here: https://octopus.energy/smart/tracker/ We’ll email you back to confirm and at that point you can tell us you only want to switch your gas to this tariff. "

Hmm interesting from Octopus. I just emailed "hello" and the response is "Regarding your request to move your Gas tariff from Flexible to Tracker, I'm afraid we don't currently offer a Tracker tariff for Gas."?!
From “Nadija”? I’ve given up emailing them as the responses are obviously AI generated and absolutely useless

From “Nadija”? I’ve given up emailing them as the responses are obviously AI generated and absolutely useless
The CEO was on a tv news panel about how AI will impact jobs and he said that they already have AI doing the jobs of several hundred employees in customer service. Sadly every AI response I've had from them has been useless and just says to call for more advice.

Shame as you used to be able to get most things sorted through an email.

The CEO was on a tv news panel about how AI will impact jobs and he said that they already have AI doing the jobs of several hundred employees in customer service. Sadly every AI response I've had from them has been useless and just says to call for more advice.

Shame as you used to be able to get most things sorted through an email.

Because the A.I ontology is pretty poor, this goes for most companies. And truly it is not an A.I, their NLP and MC are substandard.

There is not enough people out their that really understand A.I.

A.I design is not just about MC, there are many other components that make up the knowledge. Lack of knowledge ( being one instance of many) leads to very poor inferences, which is the main problem.
This is as simple as It can be explained without going technical and losing 99.99% of people.

Last edited:
Because the A.I ontology is pretty poor, this goes for most companies. And truly it is not an A.I, their NLP and MC are substandard.

There is not enough people out their that really understand A.I.

A.I design is not just about MC, there are many other components that make up the knowledge. Lack of knowledge ( being one instance of many) leads to very poor inferences, which is the main problem.
This is as simple as It can be explained without going technical and losing 99.99% of people.
i properly raged at an AI customer support yesterday.... so much so they lost me as a customer. I wanted to contact Now Broadband online support and got a chat bot. it did not understand anything ragarding my bill (broadband went from £22 a month to £43 and next month will be £46.50 and i wanted to negotiate a better price for another lock in period).... but the thing which made me rage quit was that it did not understand "speak to human" or "put me through to customer support" or contact support

if you dont want to put me through to a customer support agent then fine, tell me you cant.............. but dont say you dont understand the question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom