Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Just to add some hilarity of the unfunny kind against Eon, my previous supplier. I've just had a bill out of the blue for 800 bangers! it appears these chancers, when they installed my smart meters, did not decommission the previous mechanical gas meter and have now billed based on estimated costs since April 2022!

*sighs* I'll phone them tomorrow.

Hadn't appreciated from centrica boss today that we have a £170p/a green tarif we are now paying in july, which was part of epg help ,
so 50p/day increase, which has offset the reduced energy price, plus 5p day/solr. - if I've got that right ?

He said hopes that bills rising by more than 50% to about £2,000 a year would be short-lived may be misplaced.

Mr O'Shea suggested three moves the government could make to help households cope with what has been described as a "cost of living crisis".
  • Defer the cost incurred by surviving suppliers from taking on customers of the many companies that have gone bust, rather than it be added to upcoming bills.
  • Take the 5% VAT off energy temporarily or permanently.
  • Move levies charged to fund a green transition from bills to general taxation.
"Those three things together, could be enacted very quickly, without regret," he said. "And that would take care of half of the price rise. And then you could get a further relief targeted to those households that needed most."

Tomorrows Agile average is ~10pence per unit. Would the tracker price not also be similar or perhaps cheaper still? Otherwise, Agile is the better bet, no?

I wonder if there are any historical daily graphs showing the comparison between Agile average and Tracker anywhere.

You can do it in octopus compare I think. My baseline is go faster. Which agile is significantly cheaper than since Feb

I asked in Jan for the tracker, they said we can have it from July. Theres a queue of 50,000 I think. When is the next opportunities for pricing to go up, is it every 3 months now

british-gas-and-octopus-energy-bosses-say-standing-charge-on-bills-should-be-scrapped

Last edited:
I've got a battery and solar, just switched to Agile for both FiT and tariff.

Wondering if I might be as well on the cheap nighttime tariff instead? It's a 10kw battery so unlikely to use more

Hard to know

I've got a battery and solar, just switched to Agile for both FiT and tariff.

Wondering if I might be as well on the cheap nighttime tariff instead? It's a 10kw battery so unlikely to use more

Hard to know
Whats your ratio of generation to usage

Flux is good as well although its maybe a little late to be joining now for 2023

weather forecast for last few days has been windy this weekend - so you should have been planning to top up the heat on the swimming pools (neighbours pump drones on),
and do some extended baking, pressure washers at 3Kw are pretty good if you don't have a hose pipe ban.

as the centrica guy said they'll be topping up Rough so gas price maybe touched.

Back
Top Bottom