Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Yet another reason they need to stop this average nonsense.

There will be many ignorant of this seeing the lower number (caused by the revised typical usage) as a drop in cost.

Just quote unit rates and SC.

My elder sister thinks the whole energy cost increase is a scam, because her pre pay costs didnt go up, I couldnt explain why they didnt go up as she could have dropped her usage, faulty meter or whatever, but it was impossible to explain to her that the actual unit prices and SC changed on newer tariffs, she just wasnt listening, and she was simply not thinking rationally, in the end I had to leave it for what it is.

Last edited:
Tomorrows Agile average is ~10pence per unit. Would the tracker price not also be similar or perhaps cheaper still? Otherwise, Agile is the better bet, no?

I wonder if there are any historical daily graphs showing the comparison between Agile average and Tracker anywhere.
When wholesale cost is really low Agile will win out a bit, Tracker has an advantage at higher wholesale rates which grows the higher it gets on its formula.

Although Agile has the advantage it will allow you to load shift to reduce costs based on time of day. If you have a heavy peak hour use e.g. kids usage after school then tracker would probably be ideal all the time over Agile.

On average in recent months Tracker has typically had a 1-2p avg unit rate advantage for the day.

Just be aware this assumes a 35p agile tariff capped at EPG rates for agile, tracker doesnt seem to have same assumptions. 1st July will likely show higher peak rates for agile, they should probably assume 100p cap on its graphs as thats the only Agile tariff available now.

Last edited:
My Tarrif has come down

Prices follow wholesale costs

DAY RATE NIGHT RATE
38.72 p/kWh 16.39 p/kWh
STANDING CHARGE
45.66p/day

Day and Night Rate were much higher previously

5.5hr's of free electricity? I am only seeing 6 half-hour slots with negative pricing and 1 where the price is 0. Or am I reading it wrong? :p
Well it averages out at free yes. One period is 0.88 but a later one is -1.10. Anyway. Tomorrows gonna be car charging day I think

Its wind. 13GW tomorrow morning so tomorrows gonna be even more free electric (-6p /kWh)
Yeah I have a light wind here, that means in the coastal areas there must be a fair amount of it.

Tracker is slightly over 13p, the 6 hours of free electric on agile is good news.

This windy weather is a PITA but at least now there’s an upside if you’re on the tracker.
Tell me about it! We're on Octopus Agile and we've got 5 hours of negative pricing today. Feels slightly better doing laundry today if you know you're being paid to do it!

Last edited:
Quick question, just had the email to confirm I’m ready to switch to Octopus tracker, before I do, is it still a no brainer if I’m on their flexible fixed tariff from February?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom