Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I've heard this as well but not sure how it would be enforced, surely you pay for a sub that can be used anywhere. I use data on my phone sometime so ip address wouldn't work.

The suggestion I've seen is that they could use 2-factor, so the account owner would have to submit a new unique passcode every "x" number of days / new IP address.

sounds like you need a better solar system if you really only get the benefit at peak times... (unless you have bad roof location or unfortunate shading.

I was hoping today would be my 1st net exporter of energy day of the year, and that is with bitcoin mining 24/7 with a 3090 GPU as well.

unfortunately it's not looking that way now as the Mrs decided to do 2 loads of washing tonight and tumble dried 1 but I will break even. we exported 8kwh. and so far have imported 7kw/h with 20 mins to go to midnight.

consumption so far is 20kwh and we generated 21.

the battery is what really elevates the system.

We're in a new build, no battery, just solar offset, so peak performance for serial use of washing machine / dishwasher is between 10am and 12pm given the suns position over the house and the orientation of the solar panels

We're in a new build, no battery, just solar offset, so peak performance for serial use of washing machine / dishwasher is between 10am and 12pm given the suns position over the house and the orientation of the solar panels
practically you need to analyse when the expensive water heating phase occurs in those appliances, and that would need to be satsfied with the availible solar,
if you look at minute by minute resolution of power consumption, like an oven, you get a significant current pull initially, and then thermostatically controlled bursts,
together they deliver the nominal power classification of the device.
realy need appliances that warm up slower with good insulation

I've been experimenting with my multifuel burner with coal & for heating my living room it may well be cheaper than gas, certainly more rapid to heat and hits higher temps. A 10kg bag did me three evenings, 50kg bag is circa £19.
Annoyingly there's barely any UK coal left & I live slap bang in the middle of a coalfield that's been raped via opencast, now left with huge holes everywhere.

Civil unrest.

I've been experimenting with my multifuel burner with coal & for heating my living room it may well be cheaper than gas, certainly more rapid to heat and hits higher temps. A 10kg bag did me three evenings, 50kg bag is circa £19.
Annoyingly there's barely any UK coal left & I live slap bang in the middle of a coalfield that's been raped via opencast, now left with huge holes everywhere.

Civil unrest.
I got a tonne delivered a few weeks ago as soon as all this started kicking off I can heat the whole with the stove during the winter and it's probably cheaper than the gas. I suspect the prices have jumped but I got a tonne of smokeless ovals for £385

I got a tonne delivered a few weeks ago as soon as all this started kicking off I can heat the whole with the stove during the winter and it's probably cheaper than the gas. I suspect the prices have jumped but I got a tonne of smokeless ovals for £385

That sounds like a good price, I grew up with open coal fire & then subsequently an anthracite burner (essentially the same thing as a stove but had boiler to heat water). Personally I`m so angry with the privileged who run this country I wouldn't bother with smoke regs & get cheaper regular coal, they who make the rules are more corrupt than us & if they wanted could have subsidised our heating costs.

Nationalise everything imo.

Did anyone else hear about that nonsense "big black out" last night at 10pm. They were expecting to cause a power surge.
someone told everyone thats what spain did to get some massive government package going but in reality they were protesting in the streets to get it.

That sounds like a good price, I grew up with open coal fire & then subsequently an anthracite burner (essentially the same thing as a stove but had boiler to heat water). Personally I`m so angry with the privileged who run this country I wouldn't bother with smoke regs & get cheaper regular coal, they who make the rules are more corrupt than us & if they wanted could have subsidised our heating costs.

Nationalise everything imo.
Need to run smokeless for the stove and it's not much more expensive.

I was getting cheap fire wood but that's dried up.

I saw people at my local park gathering all the wood that were left around for nature..... stripped the park bare.

good bye habitat for wildlife :rolleyes:

every year some company comes and rapes the holly tree in the park as well so they can make wreaths, people are taking all the flowers etc to sell too...

utter scum

Anyone got solar panels with a battery system? Something I have been thinking about doing in the near future, might bring my plans forward.
yeah. there is a dedicated thread about such systems . I love mine. in winter combined with octopus go off peak the battery saves me a lot of money then spring, summer autumn a combination of solar and battery keeps me off peak electricity all the time. only snag apparently octopus are clamping down on who is allowed octopus go . I missed my chance to get a nissan leaf at mates rates and now all batter car prices have shot up. I will find out in just over a week if I get to stay on my octopus go.

edit ... ninja'd

Back
Top Bottom