Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Will these companies be as quick to reduce the prices as they are to increase them?

I very much doubt it (unless OFGEM force them by reducing the cap every 3 months)
No they wont because regulation forces the larger companies to buy gas and elec 12 months in advance so they can't benefit from sudden month/day price drops.

Forked out for underfloor heating and log burner style gas heaters at the wrong time 2 years ago. I have solar but it doesn't do anything to provide heat and obviously would be fairly **** in the winter anyway.

At this rate I would have been better with a traditional fireplace.

Why is the log burner not any use. Will it handle any type of coal ?

I've just locked him in at 44.51p elec and 11.36p Gas for another year which by my calculations is just under the 64% projected increase in October. Fortunately he has a sizeable credit on his account and with the £400 from the gov in october/november i've roughly calculated the overall impact on what he will be paying is £1 extra per day for the next year so he's happy with that.
Which company and tariff would that be. Compared to Oct sounds like a good job in a bad situation.

Long term anyone in Scotland should be using that nice loan for solar they can get, I only hope we get similar across the UK

Which company and tariff would that be. Compared to Oct sounds like a good job in a bad situation.

Long term anyone in Scotland should be using that nice loan for solar they can get, I only hope we get similar across the UK
It's a gas stove

I’m paying around double what I’m using on a direct debit to my provider. Quite happy to keep doing that and build a bit of a buffer for winter. Think it’s the sensible thing to do rather than withdraw it now when I don’t need it in my bank.

Tempted to look at the loan, but I suspect I’ll be moving in 5 years so not sure it’ll be worth it. Also, it is often very cloudy here. Have to do some research but I’m sure itll be difficult to justify. Do you know of any sites which have done the sums?

Eon next the Online V16.

I should have locked it a few months ago but at that time it was estimated at 42% increase and the lock would have been more expensive than the 42% ofgem cap price. Now it's projected at 64% the cap would be roughly 45.31p and 11.93p so the 44.51p elec and 11.36p is only slightly cheaper.

However if the cap is notably lower than the projected 64% then it may prove to be a bad move.

I'm using about £2.60 a day currently, a fifth of that is the standing charge. Come October it will be nearly £5 a day and that's without the heating or hot water being on. Basically its not just unaffordable, its just not gonna happen fullstop.

When you can't afford to have the heating or TV on... Might as well go for a riot..the west has pacified the general public with TV and warm house. It looks like those days will soon be over

Back
Top Bottom