Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Yeah Christmas should just be cancelled instead so they can sit at home and look at the walls.

We were happy to let Christmas go ahead in the middle of a pandemic that lead to a doubling of the deaths to date in 6 weeks compared to the previous 9 months, so I don't think something like a lack of funds is going to stop it!

Caporegime
Christmas shouldn't be ruined by not having to buy presents.

I understand more for kids, but that's only because weve conditioned them into that way of thinking

I no longer buy presents for anyone. Took a couple of years for family to accept it. But really, as an adult all you get is junk you don't need. I expect this will increase this year.

Even me and my partner don't do gifts now. Put it towards holiday.

Soldato
Christmas shouldn't be ruined by not having to buy presents.

I understand more for kids, but that's only because weve conditioned them into that way of thinking

I no longer buy presents for anyone. Took a couple of years for family to accept it. But really, as an adult all you get is junk you don't need. I expect this will increase this year.

Even me and my partner don't do gifts now. Put it towards holiday.
Ask for a thick jumper if anyone offers

Soldato
This is going to lead to a very stressful winter in our house. About ten years ago we moved the mother in law in to an extension type annexe thing. She's now in her 80's and needless to say the heating will be chugging away as usual 24/7 come the cooler evenings. Our bill has just gone up to £278 a month so I expect that to hit what £450/ £500 come October ? I say stressful as I'm forever turning off lights, turning down the heating in our part of the house cursing at the tumble dryer going etc and that was in normal times when we were paying £130 a month....arrgghh.

Ouch. I know the papers hype things up but they were saying January could be looking at a typical £500 bill. If your usage is a good 50% more than typical then that's a ridiculous energy bill.

Time to wrap the MIL in lots of blankets.

Soldato
This is going to lead to a very stressful winter in our house. About ten years ago we moved the mother in law in to an extension type annexe thing. She's now in her 80's and needless to say the heating will be chugging away as usual 24/7 come the cooler evenings. Our bill has just gone up to £278 a month so I expect that to hit what £450/ £500 come October ? I say stressful as I'm forever turning off lights, turning down the heating in our part of the house cursing at the tumble dryer going etc and that was in normal times when we were paying £130 a month....arrgghh.
Do you have a heat pump dryer ? Smart lighting might help you set the time it goes on / off

Soldato
I've got a load of thermal stuff for my trip to Norway....

Might make use of it at home.
Gloves, thermal leggings and tops, wool socks

Cheap at decathlon!
I basically lived in this last winter while working from home. Pair of merino long johns under trousers and plenty comfortable for work! No way I'm heating the house all day this winter, will just have it on in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom