Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

We didn't cut out fossil fuels, we went all in on fossil fuels actually and the mistake was thinking cheap supply would last forever.
of coarse we did, we went down the wind power route, which proved some yrs you have less wind which equalled less power and then we had to buy on open market as we had cut coal etc t6hat could have been there as a back up, whats left in uk now 2 coal fired stations maybe? not sure unless google,lol

How any govt can allow itself to be potentially held to ransom by foreign govt's over something essential a spower is beyond me.

This all started 40 yerars ago when the tories destroyed the coal industry out of spite, but of course never replaced that internal supply, NOT ONE industrialised nation closed down coal - we did though. Now look where we are...
Funny that we are in a lot better shape than most.

We are sitting on hundreds of years worth of coal and shake shale
And it'll be staying in the ground.

of coarse we did, we went down the wind power route, which proved some yrs you have less wind which equalled less power and then we had to buy on open market as we had cut coal etc t6hat could have been there as a back up, whats left in uk now 2 cola fired stations maybe? not sure unless google,lol
You do realise natural gas is a fossil fuel, right?

And it'll be staying in the ground.

You do realise natural gas is a fossil fuel, right?
i am just giving examples of what we have got to hand to help this crisis, im on about both energy sides, ppl have electric heating as well as gas, gas is fossil? hmm let me guess would that be something to do with those gas fields maybe ,lol

haha, i know you rather folk die, thats typical green response, **** everyone as long as we get to net zero
unfortunately we are in this mess because of climate change deniers. we could have been far closer to net zero by now if people hadn't kicked the can down the road like you are suggesting 25 years ago.
yes it is really difficult now, but blaming people wanting green and coming out with crap like "you would rather people die" is the attitude which got us here. when temps are hitting over 40 degrees in countries where that never happens, mass flooding , radical weather patterns. yeah it has happened before on a planetary scale but these changes have come over 1000s of years not half a century like now. This is mostly a man made problem and cutting carbon is the only way, and even now it is likely too slow. Jonathan Pie did an interesting sketch on it. yes it's comedy but like most of his stuff it's mostly on point.
how many people have died in the last few months due to the crazy weather. at least it is possible to wrap up warm and you can use a hot water bottle rather than heat a whole room.

but unless you can afford Aircon (which itself is terribly.wasteful) it's a lot harder to cool down in a heat wave......
i don't want anyone to die in the cold but I don't want my son or future grandchildren to live like mad Max either.
we waste so much energy....... either through insulation, inefficient goods or just frivolous stuff (I am guilty too). perhaps discouraging that is better than opening coal mines and certainly better than frakking.

Last edited:
i am just giving examples of what we have got to hand to help this crisis, im on about both energy sides, ppl have electric heating as well as gas, gas is fossil? hmm let me guess would that be something to do with those gas fields maybe ,lol
And that electricity is generated with a mix of sources the largest of which is gas.

unfortunately we are in this mess because of climate change deniers. we could have been far closer to net zero by now if people hadn't kicked the can down the road like you are suggesting 25 years ago.
yes it is really difficult now, but blaming people wanting green and coming out with crap like "you would rather people die" is the attitude which got us here. when temps are hitting over 40 degrees in countries where that never happens, mass flooding , radical weather patterns. yeah it has happened before on a planetary scale but these changes have come over 1000s of years not half a century.
how many people have died in the last few months due to the crazy weather. at least it is possible to wrap up warm and you can use a hot water bottle rather than heat a whole room.

but unless you can afford Aircon (which itself is terribly.wasteful) it's a lot harder to cool down in a heat wave......
serious? 2 ******* days of high temps, which btw was awesome, 76was worse not as hot but far worse in terms of damage, i rememeber

serious? 2 ******* days of high temps, which btw was awesome, 76was worse not as hot but far worse in terms of damage, i rememeber
I am not just on about here, I am talking increased disasters world wide. I can't believe anyone is still refusing to accept it is a thing. madness....... I genuinely am shocked that still people don't believe it.

Back
Top Bottom