Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Hard times ? A significant majority of the public will now be on the breadline and a hand to mouth existence. It's bloody criminal and the Tory scum are just hiding behind unjust war to dodge every bullet.

Conservative party are a joke, increasing NI and continuing to charge VAT on energy. Offering a £200 loan is pointless because energy prices will still be sky high next year, and a £150 grant doesn't do anything for a long term problem, what are they going to do next year? It's all short term thinking.

Just got our new tariff through from shell

Current Bill is £2000

from April £2978

Hard times

That increase is so much better than I would be moving from £95 to £250 a month now. Meaning jumping from £1140 to £3009!!

Working out mortgage increase, council tax, internet, mobile, fuel, heating, increased NI contribution then I am looking to be about £450 a month worse off that I need to magically find.

Like the rebate from council tax, what point. That is gone by the fact the council tax has just been put up by that much already.

£143 worth? So about a gallon then :p

How does that work though? I thought almost every petrol station has pumps which have to be activated by an attendant before they dispense - to stop exactly this kind of thing happening?

Well Sainsbury have completely attendant free forecourts and they are always a few pennies cheaper as there no overhead to pay someone then.

You must have already been on a bad tariff as jump from ok fixed rate to the capped Variable is a lot more then that....mine went up about 120%...

Unfortunately we we're with green when they went bust. From listening to Martin Lewis we could see another jump of 24% come October we are talking £3000 cap for each household. But i suspect with the Ukraine crisis I reckon this will be more than that as the unit charge will be based from April - October. Therefore we will be hitting a point that unless the Government absorb some of the cost people wont be able to afford it.

Conservative party are a joke, increasing NI and continuing to charge VAT on energy. Offering a £200 loan is pointless because energy prices will still be sky high next year, and a £150 grant doesn't do anything for a long term problem, what are they going to do next year? It's all short term thinking.
There's money but only when it's worth kudos points on a world stage.

Now everyone's feeling it maybe people will be more humane towards the poor for a generation or two at-least.

Just checked my latest bill and it says I use 19,000kw of gas a year. That seems quite abit for a 3 bedroom detached. Whats everyone else using?
Holy Jesus. Me and partner used about 11500kWh of gas in a 1900s Victorian terrace with no insulation. I used 6000kWh of gas in a "modern" 2 bed terrace (2000 build) when I was living on my own and I wasn't shy about using the heating!

Just checked my latest bill and it says I use 19,000kw of gas a year. That seems quite abit for a 3 bedroom detached. Whats everyone else using?
I'm in a 3 bedroom detatched, and my estimated annual usage is 13456 kWh. Year previous, it was 15680 kWh.

4 bedroom semi-detached wood frame new build townhouse, 5 people living here (4 adults one toddler). Working from home so heating on during the day if it gets cold enough. Usage over winter is +-900kwh per month. Haven't seen summer numbers yet. Been here for 6 months, used 3400kwh as of 14 February.

Gas hob and combi boiler.
Looking at solutions to automate heating including TRVs at the moment, as 3 of the occupants will be moving out soon and it would be nice to control rooms individually (and smartly).

Last edited:
Sounds like I need to get something sorted then before I go bankrupt!
What else is gas? Gas hob? I assume combi boiler?

What kind of temp do you set on the thermostat? Do you use the TRVs on your radiator properly (i.e. do you realise they set a temperature of the room, not how hot a radiator gets)?

Back
Top Bottom