Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

"we have introduced a maximum cap on Tracker prices at 55p / kWh of electricity and 16p / kWh for gas"

philiosophy of this is still wrong , I want them to buy my energy in advance at a cheaper rate than the wholesale rate ... well they do really, but they just don't tell you.

I hope Borris has got a super prison built somewhere ready to house several million non utility paying inmates.
Rwanda ... they can't ship foreigners there, but we can resume the 18thC convict transportation strategy ... it'll be warm.

The issue with making changes is that the baseline level of cost will still be massive. Even if you run your house colder, even if you turn off all electrical equipment, your bill might still be double or treble what it was last year. That just is not right.
In our case, with no gas and only storage heaters, we're looking at going from the previous £2kpa before this all kicked off, to well over £9,000 according to published forecasts... and we don't qualify for any government assistance benefits (unless we want to pay even more in income tax than we'd get).

philiosophy of this is still wrong , I want them to buy my energy in advance at a cheaper rate than the wholesale rate ... well they do really, but they just don't tell you.

I wonder if they do actually do that, else how is it viable when the wholesale rates are massively above the cap? I suspect they buy in advance, and its a punt on the live wholesale prices whether they give you a discount.

Otherwise I guess they just subsidise as agile and the trackers promote the higher tech. They are a means to getting customers to shift over.

Interesting that Martin didnt take the chance to talk people out of joining, when asked about it on ITV he said the risks individually but kind of like a disclaimer and made a comment he doesnt know what will happen if done as part of a movement. Was very clever, as he wouldnt want to be telling people to join the movement, but he avoided telling people to leave it.
That’s why he’d make a great politician.

He is a fantastic advocate but also knows where not to stick his neck on the line either way, it’s also his his campaign so he doesn’t want to get involved. His all about the facts and evidence and not speculation at the end of the day.

The headlines about Truss and Macron today are case and point to the above. Talk about needlessly putting your foot in it…

Yes, unless serious momentum starts occuring. The Don't Pay campaign logo was shown on Newsnight last night, for example, in their media intro to a discussion piece.
But for every one person who'll join in regardless there are another 99 like you who'll wait and see what happens. That's why it'll never get up a head of steam.

But for every one person who'll join in regardless there are another 99 like you who'll wait and see what happens. That's why it'll never get up a head of steam.
Most people realise it’s a logical fallacy to withhold payment.

It’s not like they don’t know who you are and could take again eventually. Be that next week or next year. They will catch up with you eventually, and that will include interest and fees for the privilege. Source: don’t pay, we’ll take it away.

The reality for many is it be a matter of can't pay rather than won't pay. Wait til the increase in Januarys increase hits. That's when I imagine civil unrest will start happening

Is anyone planning to make any serious lifestyle changes to combat the rising prices?

We use about 423kWh of electric a month due to servers and a multitude of devices. At the moment we'd rather just pay more than make lifestyle changes.
i use to leave my pc on during night. I now turn it off.

When i am watching tv in the living room, i also just switch off my pc even though i will go back on in again in a few hours.

Most people realise it’s a logical fallacy to withhold payment.

It’s not like they don’t know who you are and could take again eventually. Be that next week or next year. They will catch up with you eventually, and that will include interest and fees for the privilege. Source: don’t pay, we’ll take it away.
I think that's true in normal times. BUt when it reaches civil unrest type levels, those factors don't hold I don't think. Its never been tested.

Back
Top Bottom