Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The reality for many is it be a matter of can't pay rather than won't pay. Wait til the increase in Januarys increase hits. That's when I imagine civil unrest will start happening

Yup, todays rises hit hard but are manageable, but the Jan and April rises is where I feel even normal, middle-income people are going to start to go into a debt and we'll see riots not seen since the Poll Tax riots

My suspend function doesnt even work anymore in the last 6 years and i had even changed new builds.

there is an app that blocks suspension it seems. IT could be discord i reckon which i use a lot
powercfg /requests from an elevated shell, if I remember right.
I know it won't suspend if a game is playing, or if it's playing video. I do have discord running.

Same outcome though. But point I was making is the won't pay campaign will be pointless anyway when it's outstripped but those who physically can't pay
I expect many of the participants cant pay and are jumping on as its a may as well do this as part of a movement if I cant afford anyway.

Guessing it's going to happen before January.
The issue is that they said that when diesel hit 1.70, it hit 1.99 and it didn’t happen.
I think that's true in normal times. BUt when it reaches civil unrest type levels, those factors don't hold I don't think. Its never been tested.
The difference is that things like the poll tax riots were entirely the governments own doing.

This isn’t and it’s external, sure you could argue the government should do something but most people realise there are no good options.

It’s basically kick the can or suffer now. Either way we are up **** creak and everyone knows it. Rioting will just make it worse and not better.

Not once have I heard anyone in the media (news or radio) tell people to fix. You can beat the January increases by fixing. There’ll be loads on SVR that should be fixing. I don’t get why this isn’t being spoken about in the media more.

Edit - weird, I wrote the above before seeing the two other posts about fixes. I should add, I’ve done the maths and it made sense for me to fix as the fix is lower than the January expected increase. It allows better budgeting but more importantly, less stress.

The issue is that they said that when diesel hit 1.70, it hit 1.99 and it didn’t happen.

The difference is that things like the poll tax riots were entirely the governments own doing.

This isn’t and it’s external, sure you could argue the government should do something but most people realise there are no good options.

It’s basically kick the can or suffer now. Either way we are up **** creak and everyone knows it. Rioting will just make it worse and not better.
SO how can we eventually get out of this mess?

Bend over to Putin?

I fixed the other day and it was only a little above the suggested October cap. This was Eon Next. I’ll definitely save money come January though. And, I don’t need to stress about it come January and April.

The issue with making changes is that the baseline level of cost will still be massive. Even if you run your house colder, even if you turn off all electrical equipment, your bill might still be double or treble what it was last year. That just is not right.

Eventually even I would struggle to pay 2-3X what I paid last year, but at the moment no. It doesn't mean I like paying extra of course, and I hope we eventually go back down again, I just don't see it short term.

My suspend function doesnt even work anymore in the last 6 years and i had even changed new builds.

there is an app that blocks suspension it seems. IT could be discord i reckon which i use a lot

I had my keyboard/mouse waking the PC up, so I had to go and turn off the ability for them to do it in a few places.

Kept going to sleep and waking itself up! :D

Eventually even I would struggle to pay 2-3X what I paid last year, but at the moment no. It doesn't mean I like paying extra of course, and I hope we eventually go back down again, I just don't see it short term.

I had my keyboard/mouse waking the PC up, so I had to go and turn off the ability for them to do it in a few places.

Kept going to sleep and waking itself up! :D
ha yea that is the problem i have. How did you disabled waking up like that?

I dunno about rioting, but I'm sure crime will go up as more will continue to pay their bills, but will need to fund the other purchases in their lives...
The root cause of the price increases may be external, but the UK is reported as being higher and rising faster than anywhere else in Europe, which suggests internal factors have made it this bad. At a guess, I'd say the government's lack of investment in nuclear and renewable/green energy is to blame for us being worse off.

Back
Top Bottom