Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The difference is that things like the poll tax riots were entirely the governments own doing.

This isn’t and it’s external, sure you could argue the government should do something but most people realise there are no good options.

It’s basically kick the can or suffer now. Either way we are up **** creak and everyone knows it. Rioting will just make it worse and not better.
I don’t think angry people care if it is actually the government’s fault

There was a discussion a while back when some people were annoyed about how dare someone suggest "people will look at electricity usage before buying a 4090/80 cause of high costs to run".

I am thinking about selling my 3090 but don't know what to replace it with.
I said something similar about including usage costs within price to performance, yet that was mocked as idiotic, effectively....

There was a discussion a while back when some people were annoyed about how dare someone suggest "people will look at electricity usage before buying a 4090/80 cause of high costs to run".

I am thinking about selling my 3090 but don't know what to replace it with.
Yea I think that was me who mentioned stupid power usage.

@TNA you see how messed up this energy increase will be?

Its crazy right?

I think this is going to stop lots of people from booking foreign holidays next year. The vanishing luxury/discretionary spending is going to hit a lot of industries.

Yea I think that was me who mentioned stupid power usage.

@TNA you see how messed up this energy increase will be?

Its crazy right?

It is jonney. I never thought it would go any higher than where we are at now which is well over double what I was paying a couple of years ago. Come October it will be closer to FIVE times what I was paying before!

I have already made changes to habits and will hopefully cut down usage to close to half what I had before.

You can start capping fps in games which will seriously cut down power draw of the pc while gaming. I doubt I will be gaming as much in the next 6 months anyway, no must play games on the horizon.

I've been really struggling to work out why my energy bills are tiny in comparison, no fixed rates, so why am I only being charged .23c a kw/h?

This was the average cost over the last 2 months and we have a 4.4kw max load restriction, using 8kw/h a day.

Surely it should be way higher?

I've been really struggling to work out why my energy bills are tiny in comparison, no fixed rates, so why am I only being charged .23c a kw/h?

This was the average cost over the last 2 months and we have a 4.4kw max load restriction, using 8kw/h a day.

Surely it should be way higher?
Your government have taken a stance of very heavy subsidies (including for coal production, unfortunately) which is keeping prices down but may not last.

Back
Top Bottom