Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Your government have taken a stance of very heavy subsidies (including for coal production, unfortunately) which is keeping prices down but may not last.

Ah thanks, that would explain it then. Finally benefiting from the insane tax rates I pay!

So Spain just had a ton of redundant coal power generation capacity just waiting to be turned on?

The Jan rise as we hit the coldest months is going to be a <insert samuel L jones quotation>
Life will go on , but not for everyone

Holy Martin - some selective memory here, before Martins recent Damascus conversion - he hasn't been championing poorer folks on pre-payment tarifs,
just supporting OFGEN and profiteering from the inefficient, free market churn, sign-up deals(&credit deals) he (&his website) recommended to his disciples.

Local chip shop seems to have turned off most their lights , so you can't see what they would serve you - fortuitous.

Ah thanks, that would explain it then. Finally benefiting from the insane tax rates I pay!

So Spain just had a ton of redundant coal power generation capacity just waiting to be turned on?
It's mainly government help and initiatives keeping your electricity prices low. National government, I don't think the Catalan government have done anything in addition, although they have the powers to.

Edit: I think I'm paying about 45 per month for electricity last 2 months. Same usage 3 months ago, all things being equal, would have cost much more.

rp2000

This is a really good video to watch and talks about the different problems that have led to our current predicament. I'll post it in the youtube thread for those who don't browse here.

Chancellor Nadhim Zahawi has said the public should cut back on their energy use, as the government U-turns on gas and electricity consumption during the mounting energy crisis.

Cut back by around 45% and you'll have mitigated the 1 October increase. Easy...

Cut back by around 45% and you'll have mitigated the 1 October increase. Easy...
I doubt Mr zahawi needs to worry about cutting back. I’d be surprised if he even know who his supplier is. One of his secretaries just puts it on expenses no doubt.

Nadhim Zahawi is said to have an estimated net worth of up to £100million

So capped at 52p/kwh for leccy and 15p/kwh for gas.
They never include this, it's all about "average household." Do they think people can't use a calculator to work out their own increase?

Don't think anyone has posted this yet.

Link to the regional costs.

Remember the Nil kWh is the standing charge, but the 12,000 kWh (Gas) and 3,100 kWh (Electric) include that, so to get the kWh price you need to deduct the nil figure from the m figure and then divide by the m amount.

EG.

£99.02 - £1,781.60
South East Gas 0.140215 kWh + 0.2712876 a day Standing charge.

£168.68 - £1,821.86
South East Electric 0.5332838 kWh + 0.4621369 a day Standing charge.

No **** great economic brain you have on the top of your head.............................. So after months of silence a shambles of £400 to pay for dividends at the end of the day, he pops up with this ****, what a ****** **** end.

No **** great economic brain you have on the top of your head.............................. So after months of silence a shambles of £400 to pay for dividends at the end of the day, he pops up with this ****, what a ****** **** end.
I think they must be having a competition. Who can mug off the public the most and still get away with it.

I’ll put money on them winning the next election too, the public deserve the government they get.

Back
Top Bottom