Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

What’s the general view on Gas at the moment? We are currently on the capped standard tariff which is going up in April. Should we fix somewhere to prevent anymore increases come Oct?

Our annual gas usage is: 14641kwh per year and we’re currently paying 4.18p which is due to increase to 7.51p in April.

Does that just have to be done once then when it renews it stays at that price? I'm asking as we currently have nrtflix through sky but it's getting cancelled soon so I'll need to set it up.

Yep turn VPN, resub, that sets your region :)
USe a fee free card to help as well :)

There's around a tenner a month saved - 20 Days standing charge haha

Does anyone know the British Gas standard tariff? Because I'm an existing customer it won't show me as there are no current tariffs cheaper than what i have...no ship Sherlock. And trying to get a quote as a newbie is doing nothing

My contribution was my first post on this matter, in that people should still check they're on the best rate they can get. Do I have to repeat it again and again.

You can say it as many times as you like but a typical user shopping around will save at best £2 on the price cap if the supplier will accept you.

Does anyone know the British Gas standard tariff? Because I'm an existing customer it won't show me as there are no current tariffs cheaper than what i have...no ship Sherlock. And trying to get a quote as a newbie is doing nothing

This is the new price cap, which is basically what every provider other than perhaps octopus are offering:

Gas:
  • Unit rate: 7.37p per kWh
  • Standing charge: 27.22p per day

Electricity:
  • Unit rate: 28.34p per kWh
  • Standing charge: 45.34p per day

Stop talking nonsense.

Believe me, when I worked for the council during covid lockdowns the lights and heating were on from 7.30am-7.30pm Mon-Sun despite almost no one being there.

Back
Top Bottom