Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

we'll see if the chancellor causes further reaction in energy contracts / forecourts on 23rd
I didn't know comparison tools are still reliable to show renewal variable rate contracts folks were now on.

I think the Ukraine situation is distracting people currently ...

some demographics maybe isolated from the DD increase and forecourt hike, some acceptance though, that it is a necessary empathetic pain.
the Bitish would do well to follow that example
it's those pesky pylons - tear them down.

Great thing about all this is that the NI increase that's supposed to fund NHS backlog and social care will just get eaten up by energy cost increases and leave us all poorer.

I can't see a way out other than again saddling future generations with the burden.

Things can only get worse.

This is the new price cap, which is basically what every provider other than perhaps octopus are offering:

Gas:
  • Unit rate: 7.37p per kWh
  • Standing charge: 27.22p per day

Electricity:
  • Unit rate: 28.34p per kWh
  • Standing charge: 45.34p per day

Believe me, when I worked for the council during covid lockdowns the lights and heating were on from 7.30am-7.30pm Mon-Sun despite almost no one being there.
Our office has aircon on 24/7 and its a factory for 150 odd people think several thousand square metres. Same company that's pleading poverty so can't give us a decent payrise but posts record profits:rolleyes:.

Great thing about all this is that the NI increase that's supposed to fund NHS backlog and social care will just get eaten up by energy cost increases and leave us all poorer.

I can't see a way out other than again saddling future generations with the burden.

Things can only get worse.

Which is partially if not almost completely the governments faults for ******* around for13 years and getting nowhere with the construction of new nuclear facilities, but I assumed this was on purpose as no doubt they were pocketing money themselves along the way.

Which is partially if not almost completely the governments faults for ******* around for13 years and getting nowhere with the construction of new nuclear facilities, but I assumed this was on purpose as no doubt they were pocketing money themselves along the way.
We have 8 nuclear facilities already in UK. So Scotland has not only lost the ability to design and create AGR stations – or whatever is the better technology today – but by the early 1990s they had given up interest in sites of future nuclear stations. Scotland’s Government lets us down by shutting eyes and ears to nuclear power, and the research, development and jobs that come from it.

Wait until you find out what happened to our native nuclear energy capabilities in the late noughties under Labour ;)

We have 8 nuclear facilities already in UK. So Scotland has not only lost the ability to design and create AGR stations – or whatever is the better technology today – but by the early 1990s they had given up interest in sites of future nuclear stations. Scotland’s Government lets us down by shutting eyes and ears to nuclear power, and the research, development and jobs that come from it.

Energy policy in Scotland is a matter that has been specifically reserved to the UK parliament under the terms of the Scotland Act 1998 that created the devolved Scottish Parliament

Pesky facts again.

Wait until you find out what happened to our native nuclear energy capabilities in the late noughties under Labour ;)

I'm well aware, but when certain ******** don't try to change the dynamic and correct past mistakes, then it is a sinful waste, the ******* haven't even manage to renew trident, its still..... 'pending'

But at least we’re going to have a faster train out of London! :o:rolleyes:

even hs2 energy price will be going up - and we thought a tesla at 300 odd watts a mile was efficient

• [*]Class 801 train – 125 mph 3.42 kWh per vehicle mile
    [*]Class 801 train – 100 mph 2.19 kWh per vehicle mile
    [*]InterCity 125 – 125 mph 2.83 kWh per vehicle mile
    [*]InterCity 125 – 100 mph 1.81 kWh per vehicle mile
    [*]Class 222 train – 125 mph 4.83 kWh per vehicle mile
    [*]Class 222 train – 100 mph 3.09 kWh per vehicle mile

Nonsense? Have you been to a city before?

Colleges are mostly the same as well. Or worse. I remember during college at the height of summer that the heating was on. Yet we were opening windows because of it. It was horrible. I think Universities are different since they live in them. Look at even News Studios. Look at all the screens on, usually at the login screen as everyone has left.

Yet these are also the same people preaching to us of waste of/on the planet.

Yeah....
and of course we know a submarine somehow takes 16 years to be build.

Construction started in late 2016 at the Barrow-in-Furness shipyard operated by BAE Systems Submarines, when the first submarine was provisionally expected to enter service in 2028.[21] The start of construction of the second phase was announced in May 2018.[22] As of 2018, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) expects the first submarine to enter service in the early 2030s. Total program cost is expected to be £31 billion.

no doubt they'll **** something up along the way and not have it ready.
Its ******* insane! utterly insane to suggest that with production starting in 2016, as allegedly it did, that 16 years later the submersible will enter service, utter ******* madness, that is no deterrent at all.

Octopus finally sent me an email, amazingly it didnt quote what the increases were. Just that there was an increase.

Logging into the website and showing email history, there is a PDF file with the information.

As expected its very close to the capped rates from April for unit rate and standing charge.

Back
Top Bottom