Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I am not sure how I can cut my usage down any more.

Elec - 3 kWh/day averaged over the year.
Gas - 11 kWh/day averaged over the year.

Shower is fed from boiler, as is hob and heating. Everything else is electric.

Not sure how I can further reduce this.

They have set my DD to £115/month (almost 4x what I was paying in April for my fix)

I fixed in Aug for the year and it is only slightly better for Gas than the cap and pretty much the Elec cap. It'll help come Jan:

Electricity
Unit price - 50.71p per kWh
Standing charge -49.65p per day

Gas
Unit price - 12.86p per kWh
Standing charge - 27.22p per day.

Price cap could raise to £7,700 experts say, so a second mortgage then basically.

Sounds like another chance to add hundred or two billion to our countries debt. What the hell anyway, no country has the money until it impacts everyone (Europe, US), then suddenly the money is available because everyone is in the same boat and we move on. Then the next thing comes along, rinse repeat until...war, or the big tax raid on big companies?

Price cap could raise to £7,700 experts say, so a second mortgage then basically.

Sounds like another chance to add hundred or two billion to our countries debt. What the hell anyway, no country has the money until it impacts everyone (Europe, US), then suddenly the money is available because everyone is in the same boat and we move on. Then the next thing comes along, rinse repeat until...war, or the big tax raid on big companies?
Lol that's just absurd no one is going to pay that!

I might just asked to have the gas cut off

The government needs to install solar panels on every house for free, if you use more than you make you have to pay

I'm afraid to say if this is the cost of sanctions on Russia and/or appeasing the zero emissions lobby, then maybe it's time to scrap the former and as for the latter, stick two fingers up to Greta & Co, start digging our coal out of the ground again and burning (as cleanly as possible) in the power stations.
I’m assuming your username alludes to your birthdate which makes statements like that easier to blurt out. Unsurprisingly those of us that will be around a bit longer aren’t in any great hurry to further **** our futures through yet more of the selfish short term thinking that got us into this mess.

There were an estimated 27.8 million households in the UK.

It's only 27,000,000,000 for every £1000 they hand out,

We dole out 11.5bn yearly in foreign aid ;)

I’m assuming your username alludes to your birthdate which makes statements like that easier to blurt out. Unsurprisingly those of us that will be around a bit longer aren’t in any great hurry to further **** our futures through yet more of the selfish short term thinking that got us into this mess.
Indeed as someone whom is 33 and wants my children to have a planet to live on that isn't destroyed then going green, renewable and sustainable as a species is important.

This goes from energy to construction to population support and wildlife protection.

Yeah at me using

Indeed as someone whom is 33 and wants my children to have a planet to live on that isn't destroyed then going green, renewable and sustainable as a species is imprant.

This goes from energy to construction to population support and wildlife protection.
Your children ( and mine) with having to get used to have less a lot less and to continue living this far north a lot colder too.

The old way of life is ending, all the old business etc all change to something new

I seen a few news sites saying an average household bill will be around 5.5k and this may increase to 7.5k+ or sometng later in the year or next year.

How are they working out these very high costs?

Like this
For the average household that means a bill of £5,632 per year from January, up 59 per cent compared to the newly set next cap which is coming in on October 1.

And in the worst warning yet, energy consultancy Auxilione forecast a £7,700 bill from April 2023 - with gas costing consumers 34.22p per kWh.

Your children ( and mine) with having to get used to have less a lot less and to continue living this far north a lot colder too.

The old way of life is ending, all the old business etc all change to something new
How about this country's establishment takes responsibility for impoverishing us instead?

Back
Top Bottom