Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

They did have a fireplace though
I'm going to use the stove this year to heat the house, gas will be kept off for as long as possible, the wife has a horrible habit of opening the windows in the depths of winter to 'air ' the house! this year I will be locking the windows if she tries that this year.

Get them some heated blankets too. Cheaper than having the central heating on. Remember most people in this country didn’t have central heating and they all got by.

Oh absolutely. Although I was brought up in the Med, we spent many winters in -15C but the houses and infrastructure are built for it a bit better.

Good idea though will definitely add to the "winter is coming" list.

Our 3 T of wood should do us well, once the fire is on although our house is reasonably sized it does take the edge off across the house.

It isn't

After Oct Gas is 15per Kwh, and electricity is 57p per Kwh, not sure how you came to think gas is twice that of electricity. Haven't you been paying attention to the news?

Intelligent Octopus - Get six hours of cheap, green energy from 11.30 pm to 5.30 am every night​

I went for octopus Intelligent as it's a 6 hour slot rather than 4 (and as an added bonus its fixed until next August. 38.82/7.5 so not too bad. I've been on it less than a month and I can't yet access the crystal ball mode (I assume due to not having a monthly bill on there).

Oh absolutely. Although I was brought up in the Med, we spent many winters in -15C but the houses and infrastructure are built for it a bit better.

Good idea though will definitely add to the "winter is coming" list.

Our 3 T of wood should do us well, once the fire is on although our house is reasonably sized it does take the edge off across the house.
We have a house with no gas supply thus no central heating. We have an air source split unit in the living room which heats that room, we use a electric heater for our bedroom which we may turn on for an hour just to take the chill off and a heated blanket which we really wouldn’t be without, it makes quite a difference to how comfortable it is to sleep in a house with no central heating.

There are fixed rates available but almost certainly higher than the 1 October cap prices.

The Octopus Tracker still seems to be available and showing capped rates of electricity 55p/kWh and gas 16p/kWh.
If these are still available, surely it makes sense to fix now, or am I missing something ?
If the rates are due to double from that in Jan/April, then that actually seems like a good deal.

oszsgMv.jpg

Decided to get this for 140 on offer.
Apparently it saves time and money. Win win!

Mainly got it as thought they'd be a rush on air fryers with all the news stories about them.

If these are still available, surely it makes sense to fix now, or am I missing something ?
If the rates are due to double from that in Jan/April, then that actually seems like a good deal.
It does seem like the best bet at the moment but always do your own research. It's listed as a current tariff but I'm not sure how available it is:

We are currently operating a waiting list for invitations. If you'd like to try out Tracker for yourself, please join the list.

There are fixed rates available but almost certainly higher than the 1 October cap prices.

The Octopus Tracker still seems to be available and showing capped rates of electricity 55p/kWh and gas 16p/kWh.

"I agree that my energy price will change daily, solely based on fluctuations in the wholesale market."

So they aren't capped energy rates at all.

Anyone on a variable tariff with octopus should be all over these like a rash. You're going to pay slightly more on the run up to January then make considerable savings after that.

It's a variable rate but capped at a maximum of 55p for electric and 16p for gas.

"I agree that my energy price will change daily, solely based on fluctuations in the wholesale market."

So they aren't capped energy rates at all.
Yes they are.

No, if you ever want to come off the Octopus Tracker, just email [email protected] and we will move you to one of our other tariffs right away, alternatively you can switch directly in your online account. Additionally, we have introduced a maximum cap on Tracker prices at 55p / kWh of electricity and 16p / kWh for gas

Stolen from a post in SC.

Belgium's energy minister has warned that EU countries will face five to 10 terrible winters if nothing is done to reduce natural gas prices.
Calls are mounting for an EU-wide cap on the price of gas and its decoupling from the price of electricity.

We have one of those and the mrs absolutely loves it. Should help reduce the amount our oven is used during winter.
We've got a ninja foodi and we had a Breville halo+ before that. They've made a huge difference to the amount of power we use cooking and how we cook meals. The food generally cooks better and a lot quicker than using the oven too.

Back
Top Bottom