Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Sounds good... I was more wondering if they would be warm enough considering the cost is so low rather than them being too warm :o
It's more about layers rather than being warm by themselves but yes they do the trick. Ok so it won't be pro level stuff but more than good enough for that extra layer at the base of the skin. It sits quite tight on the skin but not too tight that it's uncomfortable, i.e. they can take them off if they want without needing someone to peel it off them.

You can burn smokeless coal and dried wood, the emissions are within the limits, my stove is defra approved it's the idiots burning wet logs and pallet boards that are the problem.

Log burners and wood-burning stoves are not going to be banned in the UK.

Can you heat a whole house with a wood stove?

Wood stoves aren't typically designed to heat an entire house but sized to warm a particular room in a home. However, installing a wood stove in the right location in a home, along with helping to circulate air between rooms, or using a stove boiler, can help to raise temperatures across a whole house.

1 tn of fuel was £350 in Feb it's now nearly £600

£600 a ton? Geez. Every cloud has a silver lining, where are the tractor keys ;) Had six BIG oaks down in the last 2 years, got to be getting on for 40 / 50 tons sat on the ground. Maybe more. Plus about 8 big pines. Of course they need logging up.... Jane, get your boots on luv, got a little job for you!

£600 a ton? Geez. Every cloud has a silver lining, where are the tractor keys ;) Had six BIG oaks down in the last 2 years, got to be getting on for 40 / 50 tons sat on the ground. Maybe more. Plus about 8 big pines. Of course they need logging up.... Jane, get your boots on luv, got a little job for you!
Wow that's awesome get chopping and seasoning, still be perfect for next year.

Course you can. Gas fires (the bottled kind) will heat a room which, unless you have fireplaces in other rooms or the main fireplace is used to heat a back boiler to feed radiators) would be the same as having a fireplace/stove.

True, those bottles ain't cheap now though.

Actually its gone up again!

Item
Homefire Ovals Smokeless Coal
Homefire Ovals Smokeless CoalSize25kg Packed Bag

Edit Remove item
£17.75Quantity
MinusPlus
£710.00

Thermal curtains or adding thermal linings to existing curtains is highly cost effective, just picked some thermal liners up at under £30 each for big windows. Also a thermal front door curtain is another good option. All currently widely available, I expect to get some good use out of the curtain linings even for keeping out heat late summer.

As for this whole fiasco, the EU trusting Putin to supply 40% of its natural gas was always a highly risky option, during key Nord Stream negotiations Merkel and Putin looked at each other like they were the biggest idiots on the planet with mutual open contempt. We only used about 5% Russian gas in the UK, but the embargos placed on Russia after them brutally invading Ukraine has forced up gas and electricity prices across the board. The whole EU will suffer greatly from this as well, Germany in particular with huge amounts of energy needed for manufacturing. France currently holding prices low with billions being spent in taxpayer money to subsidies prices, will have to be paid one way or another.

Given their shared history it's amazing Germany and Russia trusted each other to that extent at all.

It's ok not putting the heating on, but your house needs the heat in the winter or else your into damp issues etc.

The BFT needs to do something for the 80% of the population not just the the top 20% as usual.

Seriously I hope we riot and wreck all Tory members clubs.

Yeah they do.
You just have to go into the smart life app.

Most of them have it even if they don't say it as they are made in the same place just rebranded.
On the plugs the model is LSPA7.

The Raspberry Pi is my make shift "server" with hard drives attached to it that gets turned of (through Alexa) when not in use. Ive surprised how little electr the plugs actually record I use I thought it was way more.
So got them and they definitely don't do energy monitoring so thanks for that.
Have to return them and look for some that do.

Here's what I don't understand.

That bit of oil in the ground over there was sold at $50/barrel, now all of a sudden it's $500/barrel for the same oil coming out the same hole.

Where does that discrepancy happen?

"It's not the energy companies!!"

Well it's one of you's. Sort it out, it's disgustang!

Back
Top Bottom