Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Thinking about making a complaint to Scottish Power. They were trying to call me nearly every day about a smart meter, I blocked their number and now they are emailing and texting me every day about smart meters.

I would have one but I rent a flat and I don’t believe there is enough room for the electricity meter (it’s under the main staircase right in a corner). Plus I would have to get the landlord and leaseholders permission. It’s a pain and had no real benefit. I submit meter readings every month.

Calm down - we need to wait until the PM is sorted next week, then they will announce the extra support / measures.

Regardless. As it stands she's forcing people under real pressure to make the choice of fixing or not without all the facts.
People may fix with penalty exit fees then she may place a cap lower than the fixes.

Whatever she does/doesn't do its playing games with peoples lives.

If she does a Labour esque manoeuvre she's done a complete uturn.

Its playing games when people are terrified of the future. It's not right.

Went to Primark today and got some snoodies, more blankets and a heated blanket (from Argos).
The snoodies look particularly comfy.
We’re prepared! £75 well spent I reckon.
Definitely going to try and prevent having the heating on unless it’s really necessary.
I’m tempted to try and find some cheap wood to enjoy the outdoor woodburner outside when it’s cold but dry. Maybe start collecting free pallets from gumtree!

Fit dual lined flu and multifuel stove.

If you do not have a chimney stack you will need twin wall chimney flue pipe.

We did think of it but it's not in the ideal position, its above the living room and to far in from side of house to be of any use.

We could get a log burner and flue it out the wall somewhere but again the living room set up isn't the greatest for this, large patio doors are on the only wall that the burner could really go.

We don't need much heating to be honest, bedrooms never have it, even before these price increases, so really we are only going to heat the living room and bathroom which we have bought one of those portable gas heaters and calor gas bottle.
We used to use one of these at the old house and that had more drafts than NFL fantasy so hopefully this will save a bit of electric heating costs over the winter.

Regardless. As it stands she's forcing people under real pressure to make the choice of fixing or not without all the facts.
People may fix with penalty exit fees then she may place a cap lower than the fixes.

Whatever she does/doesn't do its playing games with peoples lives.

If she does a Labour esque manoeuvre she's done a complete uturn.

Its playing games when people are terrified of the future. It's not right.
Even with exit fees you will save unless you are a very light user.

What's everyones thoughts on this 15% VAT idea?

Disproportionately helps the well off.
Token gesture which won't really make any difference.

Poor choice of use of government funds to help those who need help

It might help me booking my holidays? Not sure how vat is calculated on that.
But I don't need help!

Back
Top Bottom