Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Octopus want 10 days to recalculate on SVR, they have turned into an Ostrich, there has been predictions for months, its as if they waited for the official announcement.

If you have damp it’s because you don’t have enough air flow or a water leak of some kind.

I don't now, but yes, we: installed "air bricks", bought a de-humidifier, tried opening windows etc - just seemed to always come back in the winter.
Scrubbing/re-painting etc was a major pain in the arse - messed the ceilings up a bit (artex).

The octopus agile and tracker cap has been updated. Blimey! :eek:

7dx6awt7ra2e.png

We had to fix the other day, didn't want too, but feel like if we wait prices will just keep going up.

We never used a lot anyways so ours is a cheap cost relatively.

Still going from £80ish a month as at Dec 21 to now £240 a month from September 22. Fixed for 12month. Total shambles what is happening

oszsgMv.jpg

Decided to get this for 140 on offer.
Apparently it saves time and money. Win win!

Mainly got it as thought they'd be a rush on air fryers with all the news stories about them.
They look interesting but hard to find info on these things.

Can they cook anything that can be cooked in an oven?
Will spitting fat like on burgers e.g. hit the element (where is element placed)?
What is difference between 10 in 1 and 5 in 1?
How much power do they actually save?

They definitely look interesting. I already have a portable oven though that I now use instead of my normal full sized oven so will assume the power saving wont be maximum for me given I already have a shrunk heating space.

The octopus agile and tracker cap has been updated. Blimey! :eek:

7dx6awt7ra2e.png
I am with Scottish power and they are quoting 79.71p/kwh, so I imagine every energy company is quoting around the same.

I have done some calcs this afternoon though and if I fixed at this rate it doesn't work out any cheaper in the long run (assuming prices actually do go down in July next year)

if we cut gas usage to 2/3 of last year, we are looking paying over £900 in January :eek:

managed a fixed with scottish power, £170 a month but will be getting 400 back off Gov and plan on using no heating this winter.. if it continues to stay high i'll get solar next year. currently spending £80 a month with this nice weather at 50p a kw for electric and gas.

I'd say hoping for costs to decrease would be wishful thinking, but suspect, like fuel, there will be a lot of pressure to "give something back". Though I doubt it'll ever drop to pre-Ukraine/Covid levels.

Octopus tracker : so they can give 30 days notice for an increase in the max (55pe) cap ... which presumably they will do at start of September ,
but their risible proposition that Octopus Tracker Britain's fairest energy tariff (if the energy had been bought 18 months or more in advance)

R4@1 just played Edward Heaths 3 day week announcement (insufficient energy to work 5) - something to watch V

Time Shift - Switch Off Something - BBC4 2006 - Three Day Week Documentary

scanning it Blue Peter contributred ideas on energy saving.
There is still people on v1 tracker who are paying v1 prices, are these new terms added to the latest tracker only?

For reference I am on v3 tracker and agile 2018 (the previous ones 35p electric 11p gas) and have had no notice or increase in the cap on those even though they now nowhere near the current wholesale prices, in addition Octopus reps have said these caps will be honoured for 12 months.

We might see the trackers taken off the market or replaced with worse ones but I would be surprised if they tried to raise the caps for existing customers.

Back
Top Bottom