Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I had the opposite.
Switched to Octopus yesterday, they want to take only about 60% of my current DD (180 vs 330) so I will need to up that as soon as I can.

Going to be interesting to check my consumption figures (I am returning to them) from when I was last with them to now.
They seem to indicate more gas than I expected but less electricity. Electric I can understand I know I am using more right now with chia mining, but the gap was larger than I expected.
Genuinely expect I am going to need to stick £500 in as my monthly DD amount at the start :(
Dont up it, put the extra aside in your own bank account instead. Better to go into debt with them than have too much credit. Just pay enough extra each month to keep balance close to zero.

If anyone is on Octopus and sitting on the variable leccy tariff. Give them a call and ask to be put on Go Faster (40p peak, 4 hours @ 7.5p or 5 hours @ 8.25p) fixed for 12 months and say you have an EV on order if they ask, I wasnt asked for proof and they switched me straight over (Although I have an EV on order). I know a bunch of people who have moved over and dont have an EV on order.

Worse case, they notice after a long time and move you back to variable.
They will put you on octopus go. Go faster needs EV proof

They will put you on octopus go. Go faster needs EV proof
I was put on Go Faster without any proof (8.75p for 5 hours from 01:30) same with everyone I know who has tried. I am on it right now with no EV as of yet. You do however need the EV to get on Intelligent Octopus as their app connects to your car or charger.

That is not what they are doing. They moved me onto the tariff last week and I don't have the car yet. I'm not alone, they do it to everyone.

I told them I have an EV on order and not due yet but wanted to go on the tariff ready, they switched me straight over.

Go used to be for anyone not just EV owners, maybe they still using as such.

I know, I did it myself and they didnt ask for any proof, even though we do have a hybrid.

Its just people should go into this eyes wide open.

You committed fraud, and as such the worst that can happen is not that they simply switch you back to a standard tariff.
Its highly highly unlikely they would do anything, and pretty unlikely you will be caught.

But that doesn't change the facts of what you did, or what they could in theory do.

Dont up it, put the extra aside in your own bank account instead. Better to go into debt with them than have too much credit. Just pay enough extra each month to keep balance close to zero.

I don't need to put the extra aside in my bank account and its likely my usage will be more than that even in the winter months anyway.
Somewhat depends on my solar (install mid nov if on time) and how cold it is of course.

Plus for the next couple of months santander are giving 4% instead of 2% back on util bills, so better to pay some extra now and lower it later if usage allows ;)

I was put on Go Faster without any proof (8.75p for 5 hours from 01:30) same with everyone I know who has tried. I am on it right now with no EV as of yet. You do however need the EV to get on Intelligent Octopus as their app connects to your car or charger.
Why don’t you start it at 21:30? Get the benefit of late evening use then

I know, I did it myself and they didnt ask for any proof, even though we do have a hybrid.

Its just people should go into this eyes wide open.

You committed fraud, and as such the worst that can happen is not that they simply switch you back to a standard tariff.
Its highly highly unlikely they would do anything, and pretty unlikely you will be caught.

But that doesn't change the facts of what you did, or what they could in theory do.
I have an EV on order that is being delivered in 2 weeks. I phoned and told them I have one on order and I dont have it yet and they happily put me on the tariff.

How exactly have I committed fraud?

I have an EV on order that is being delivered in 2 weeks. I phoned and told them I have one on order and I dont have one yet and they happily put me on the tariff.

How exactly have I committed fraud?

Sorry I saw then forgot that you have an EV on order but were encouraging others to lie.
So your not committing fraud just encouraging others to.

They should not put you on until delivery but maybe with it so close they thought good enough.

Sorry I saw then forgot that you have an EV on order but were encouraging others to lie.
So your not committing fraud just encouraging others to.

They should not put you on until delivery but maybe with it so close they thought good enough.
As I said, they are putting everyone onto the tariff if you have an order, not just me.

They obviously don't care. If you have a car on order and they move you over knowing you don't have the car yet, they're are choosing to do so. Where is the fraud in that?

As I said, they are putting everyone onto the tariff if you have an order, not just me.

They obviously don't care. If you have a car on order and they move you over knowing you don't have the car yet. They are choosing to do so. Where is the fraud in that?

Thats not what you said at all, you started with this:
If anyone is on Octopus and sitting on the variable leccy tariff. Give them a call and ask to be put on Go Faster (40p peak, 4 hours @ 7.5p or 5 hours @ 8.25p) fixed for 12 months and say you have an EV on order if they ask, I wasnt asked for proof and they switched me straight over (Although I have an EV on order). I know a bunch of people who have moved over and dont have an EV on order.

Worse case, they notice after a long time and move you back to variable.

You have emblished and added more over time but your first post was clearly a suggestion people commit fraud
If you were rightfully able to move to the tariff you would not have needed to put "worst case, they notice after a long time and move you back to variable"

If you intended to say those with EVs on order should move to that tariff then you misposted, but what you did post was pretty obvious.

Octopus estimate for my annual usage, totally wrong..... they have the day use units as the Night time units, the night time as the day used units:confused:.
Making the annual cost incorrect, It will actually cost less than a quarter of their estimate.

WHPkMUR.jpg

You have emblished and added more over time but your first post was clearly a suggestion people commit fraud
If you were rightfully able to move to the tariff you would not have needed to put "worst case, they notice after a long time and move you back to variable"

If you intended to say those with EVs on order should move to that tariff then you misposted, but what you did post was pretty obvious.
That's not fraud

Sorry, I should have added about the Tesla order, 2nd post, with my 1st post. Its my very next post, not exactly more over time. Merge them and that is all.

Those with a EV on order could move, not just those who already have an EV. There is no fraud at all, absolute nonsense. You wouldn't have told them you already have an EV and lied, simple tell them the truth, you have one on order. If they choose to move you onto the tariff knowing you haven't received the car yet, that is their problem.

As for back dating the charges, below is the t&c. Nothing about back dating.

If you sign up to our Octopus Go tariff but do not meet this eligibility criteria we can place you on an alternative tariff that we consider is more appropriate for your circumstances. We will let you know if we do this and advise you of the rates and terms that apply to the alternative tariff.

That's not fraud

It 100% is fraud

Fraud is "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

If you dont meet the criteria for something and misrepresent the facts that you do, or lie to that effect in order to benefit financially its fraud.
I mean its literally the textbook definition.

Back
Top Bottom