Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

These reductions are all relative though.
Dropping from an all time high of ~850p therm to 550p is still double what it was prior to July

The UK produces a lot of gas. We have to do something with it.

Other countries rely on it for load balancing, that's why sometimes we export a lot. Once solar kicks in for European countries during the day I suspect it will drop.
UK has LNG terminal capacity we can't use ! so some of the gas imports are re-exported to European stores

"Umm we just checked we had 2000 sales in the UK but somehow you have 2 million EV energy accounts?"
they are disproportionately represented on overclockers I'm sprartacus on Octopus Go - living my best tarif

I struggle with how just it is it that people who are wealthy enough to have an EV are also getting special low prices for electricity.

The person working the checkout in Tesco who drives a 10 year old Fiesta can pay full-whack, but the guy with the 30-50k car gets a discount.

I appreciate its not that cut and dried, but it does all have a smell to it.
To right, I don't have a car at all, maybe I should be given an Octopus Go Even Greener than Green Tariff. No huge loads of power being used, small solar panel unit to heat water, trying my best to cut any electric costs but no discount here. Need to buy an electric guzzling car to get that.

Probably no different to the people that can afford 10k solar set ups getting it cheaper than the checkout operator facing huge bills. The richer you are, the cheaper life is.
Vimes' Boots Theory

With thanks to Terry Pratchett:

The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money. Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles. But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. This was the Captain Samuel Vimes "Boots" theory of socioeconomic unfairness.

If the worst happened and we had to introduce gas rationing, would there be exceptions made for households with elderly, young children or disabled people?
How would they even enforce/monitor that? gas requires manual caps on the pipe coming into the property to stop the supply.

I know your reasonably local to me labrat

I'm getting 11.6k battery, 14 panels, bird protection, plus solar diverter £13k, my other quote was slightly more panels (16), smaller battery, 15k
I would say for what your looking at your probably 11k+ now.
Prices have gone up for sure if you can even get people to quote, I managed 2 out of 4 and those were the prices above
Where did you get quotes from? I am waiting for E.On to call me later this month, but don't seem to have much luck finding anyone else to quote, I'm not even sure my roof is suitable!

Back
Top Bottom