Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

It 100% is fraud

Fraud is "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

If you dont meet the criteria for something and misrepresent the facts that you do, or lie to that effect in order to benefit financially its fraud.
I mean its literally the textbook definition.
So ordering a car and signing up to the tariff while you wait is not fraud. If you cancel the order in a years time, then remove from the tariff. Nothing wrong with that. They control if you can go on the tariff, not you.

Sorry, I should have added about the Tesla order, 2nd post, with my 1st post. Its my very next post, not exactly more over time. Merge them and that is all.

Those with a EV on order could move, not just those who already have an EV. There is no fraud at all, absolute nonsense. You wouldn't have told them you already have an EV and lied, simple tell them the truth, you have one on order. If they choose to move you onto the tariff knowing you haven't received the car yet, that is their problem.

As for back dating the charges, below is the t&c. Nothing about back dating.

If you sign up to our Octopus Go tariff but do not meet this eligibility criteria we can place you on an alternative tariff that we consider is more appropriate for your circumstances. We will let you know if we do this and advise you of the rates and terms that apply to the alternative tariff.

Which is why they say that they should not move you onto the tariff until you take delivery, avoiding the issue of people misrepresenting their position such as placing a deposit on something they do not intend to buy ;) Its quite clear when you look online, even a space to fill in your order details for the car you intend to get so that they can switch you at the right time.
The scheme is for charging EVs and Hybrids. How can you charge something you don't have?

If some of the CS people are not doing this correctly then fair enough, but the failure of an employee to do what they should do correctly is a risk not just for you but also them.

It doesn't say it will/can or won't/can't be backdated or anything it just says move you to a suitable tariff. You could argue either way as is generally the way with these sorts of things.

I struggle with how just it is it that people who are wealthy enough to have an EV are also getting special low prices for electricity.

The person working the checkout in Tesco who drives a 10 year old Fiesta can pay full-whack, but the guy with the 30-50k car gets a discount.

I appreciate its not that cut and dried, but it does all have a smell to it.

I struggle with how just it is it that people who are wealthy enough to have an EV are also getting special low prices for electricity.

The person working the checkout in Tesco who drives a 10 year old Fiesta can pay full-whack, but the guy with the 30-50k car gets a discount.

Its only cheap for a short period though, when grid pricing historically is low.
The rest of the time the tariff (normally) is slightly more per unit

Probably no different to the people that can afford 10k solar set ups getting it cheaper than the checkout operator facing huge bills. The richer you are, the cheaper life is.

On Octopus site they are quoting 78p/kwh on their agile tariff.

Are you guys still switching in September to another tariff that gives you this 42p/kwh rate in the day as well as the cheaper night rate, or have you guys approached Octopus prior to 29th August when the next cap was announced ?

On Octopus site they are quoting 78p/kwh on their agile tariff.

Are you guys still switching in September to another tariff that gives you this 42p/kwh rate in the day as well as the cheaper night rate, or have you guys approached Octopus prior to 29th August when the next cap was announced ?

Price for go and go faster is still on there website

Unit rate (04:30 - 00:30):

39.25p/ kWh​

Unit rate (00:30 - 04:30):

7.50p/ kWh​

Standing Charge:

41.98p/ day​

Prices include VAT.
Octopus Go is an electricity only smart tariff. For gas, simply choose any Octopus gas tariff.

I see your point. however it is because electric car users are a great way to use spare electricity on the grid when energy is at its cheapest and historically can otherwise go to negative prices.

solar panels, people with them are actively helping to solve the problem. TBH there is an argument that could beade that where sensible.goverment could cover the costs of a solar install but with the view that they take all the profit off it until it's covered itsself.

I see your point. however it is because electric car users are a great way to use spare electricity on the grid when energy is at its cheapest and historically can otherwise go to negative prices.

solar panels, people with them are actively helping to solve the problem. TBH there is an argument that could beade that where sensible.goverment could cover the costs of a solar install but with the view that they take all the profit off it until it's covered itsself.

While I agree that those with Solar are in a small part helping to solve the problem , I honestly think at this stage, *Nobody* should be getting solar installed until the government comes up with a balanced, fair way to pay people for their export to the grid.

With energy prices now at an all-time high and set to just keep going higher, it is totally unacceptable that FIT / SEG pay such a pathetically small measly reimbursement. Every single house with Solar on the roof is helping to offset the burning of fossil fuels to power the grid, yet they are blatantly being taken advantage of by a lazy "do nothing" government.
It's the same crap with their plan to use people's EV batteries as "grid storage"... I'm sorry WHAT? Such a typical Tory tactic.. Don't actually invest what's needed, but attempt to use everyone else's equipment on the cheap so their buddies in the energy business can make as much profit as possible whilst investing the absolute minimum they can get away with.

The whole system needs to be reworked... We are actively incentivizing those who are arguably well enough off to be able to "absorb" the hit, while those who are on / below the poverty line are hung out to dry.

11 panels plus 10kwh of batteries typical cost with install?
depends on the panels and the batteries but probaby around £8-10k

I know your reasonably local to me labrat

I'm getting 11.6k battery, 14 panels, bird protection, plus solar diverter £13k, my other quote was slightly more panels (16), smaller battery, 15k
I would say for what your looking at your probably 11k+ now.
Prices have gone up for sure if you can even get people to quote, I managed 2 out of 4 and those were the prices above

Russia gas pipeline now closed indefinitely not a surprise but expect gas prices will take another jump up

Earlier today... from telegraph...

Price cap forecasts drop more than £2,000 in a week​

The forecasts for next year's energy price caps have once again dropped as gas prices fell this week.
Auxilione, a consultancy that updates its predictions daily, reduced its price cap forecast for April next year by £23 - the third drop in a row.
The forecast for April's cap is now £5,539 per year for the average household, if energy prices stay as they are today. That's more than £2,160 lower than at the start of the week.
The January cap forecast went up by £19 in the latest prediction, but it too has fallen nearly £900 from a peak of £5,632 earlier in the week.

Russia gas pipeline now closed indefinitely not a surprise but expect gas prices will take another jump up
Well, Russia's turned the gas off. Nord stream 1 shut indefinitely because of an 'oil leak...'
They had an "expert" on Sky talking about it saying it probably won't have any effect on home users until late 23/early 24, different story for businesses though with no cap

Earlier today... from telegraph...

Price cap forecasts drop more than £2,000 in a week​

The forecasts for next year's energy price caps have once again dropped as gas prices fell this week.
Auxilione, a consultancy that updates its predictions daily, reduced its price cap forecast for April next year by £23 - the third drop in a row.
The forecast for April's cap is now £5,539 per year for the average household, if energy prices stay as they are today. That's more than £2,160 lower than at the start of the week.
The January cap forecast went up by £19 in the latest prediction, but it too has fallen nearly £900 from a peak of £5,632 earlier in the week.
The gas prices have really come back this week. Even today despite the news about Russia they are steady.

Back
Top Bottom