Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Great news for the energy companies, but what about the other faceless corporations who also need to keep their covid dividends and bumper profits? surely their share prices will fall without intervention?

To be fair, it is frozen well below the £3.5k it was due to hit in 3 weeks time. Yes it's still significantly higher than this time last year, but the lower the cap, the longer (& more) we end up having to pay back
I know but they will try and pass it off as a freeze at the current rate we are paying, even though it's going up, 10p or a bit lower, no idea.

The £400 was supposed to help at these current rates, not the October rates, well that's what they made out.

I know but they will try and pass it off as a freeze at the current rate we are paying, even though it's going up, 10p or a bit lower, no idea.

The £400 was supposed to help at these current rates, not the October rates, well that's what they made out.

"Government in 'lying through their teeth' shocker" :p

Suppliers won't care. It's all being paid for by government (ie us) anyway

So not only are the govt. subsidising the price freeze, they're also paying exit fees for fixed contracts?

"Government in 'lying through their teeth' shocker" :p

So not only are the govt. subsidising the price freeze, they're also paying exit fees for fixed contracts?

I mean the energy suppliers won't care. They are effectively being paid the full rate.

So if you're on 20p a unit or 50p a unit it doesn't matter. As the difference to the true price (let's say 70p) is being given anyway

I mean the energy suppliers won't care. They are effectively being paid the full rate.

So if you're on 20p a unit or 50p a unit it doesn't matter. As the difference to the true price (let's say 70p) is being given anyway

I was more thinking about when people start cancelling their fixes, are they going to get exit fees added to their account? Wouldn't surprise me if some of the less scrupulous suppliers *cough - NPower* decide to try to enforce it :mad:

I was more thinking about when people start cancelling their fixes, are they going to get exit fees added to their account? Wouldn't surprise me if some of the less scrupulous suppliers *cough - NPower* decide to try to enforce it :mad:

I'd have hoped it was a condition of the free money from government that all exit fees are voided.

But it is the tories

Good outcome considering. Its better than paying £3.5k + in October and then £5k+ from January. Deal with the fall out later, protect people now. Pleased.

Need to know standing charge and unit rates for gas and electricity to work out my usage.

Back
Top Bottom