Epic Games Store now open!

Associate
Shock horror, different opinion on the internet alert, but I actually think Pre-sequel is far superior to BL1. BL1 feels quite stale and empty. My order would be BL2, Pre-sequel/ BL 3 the same, BL1 last.

Out of all the games, pre-sequel is the one me and my son go back to most; we nearly skipped it, but persevered and ended up absolutely loving it. Once you get over its quirks, the low gravity and ground pound ability make it really really good fun (once you get past the boring opening missions).

Have put hundreds, possibly over a thousand hours into the games overall though, so this is a phenominal freebie for anyone who doesn't have these yet

Thanks. Just started the Pre Sequel with my son this morning, and we've enjoyed the first half hour. We loved BL2 so this Epic giveaway comes just at the right time.

Associate
Yeah don’t go above medium seems to be the consensus. I forgot about that.
Yea, physx in it is a *****. Might want to check to see if it's running on the GPU too, I remember it wasn't on my friends. Though in all honesty I can't remember if GPU physx helped or hindered it in the end.

Associate
I can't get it to run reliably. Seems to be when I go online. I dialed back CPU overclock and physx settings first. Played single player for 35 mins. Then when I allow public online multiplayer the game randomly freezes. Can be 5 to 10 mins before the game freezes.

Anyway, Claptrap is annoying. Game is okay so far but only 6/10 for me. Not sure I can be bothered with all the inventory management.

Have uninstalled

Associate
Borderlands 2 is amazing :D
It's just pure mindless fun. Loving the voice acting, I just reached the 13 year old girl explosives expert, Tina :p
Why do I sleep on all the best games, I mean it came out in 2012!

Soldato
Borderlands 2 is amazing :D
It's just pure mindless fun. Loving the voice acting, I just reached the 13 year old girl explosives expert, Tina :p
Why do I sleep on all the best games, I mean it came out in 2012!

Tiny Tina is great, and she gets more of a role in the DLC "Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep".

Soldato
Is borderlands 2 a decent single player experience? Brainless fun, or something I need to actually have some talent for?

It's a great single player experience too, and two of the DLCs are very big. If you can shoot stuff, you can play the game. There are a few optional boss/farming things that are really meant for a group, but you don't have to play them, though certain builds can take them down one-on-one.

Soldato
I registered to start collecting the game bribes, note I havent installed the client and wont as long as there is no achievements.

But the question is what year will they become a gaming service for consumers instead of developers, still no achievements, reviews, modding framework, cloud saves etc.

2020, 20201, 2022, never?

Associate
I registered to start collecting the game bribes, note I havent installed the client and wont as long as there is no achievements.

But the question is what year will they become a gaming service for consumers instead of developers, still no achievements, reviews, modding framework, cloud saves etc.

2020, 20201, 2022, never?

Well critic reviews and cloud saves are already in the client. Modding support is almost complete according to their roadmap (they've posted a screenshot showing it in one game). Achievements are also in progress - if you're waiting for them specifically then just keep claiming the free games and keep an eye on the roadmap every so often and you'll know when you can jump in to enjoy them :)

Back
Top Bottom