Epic Games Store now open!

Soldato
I didn't realise the £10.00 voucher was infinite when it is (as posters have already patiently explained). :D

Add game to basket and bingo! £10 voucher automatically applied even if you have used before. Red Dead Redemption 2 for £26.84 is now looking mighty tempting; I doubt Steam will match.
£10 voucher? Where, where, where? Let me at it :D

Edit:

Whoops, clearly my Google-fu is not strong...

Caporegime
I didn't realise the £10.00 voucher was infinite when it is (as posters have already patiently explained). :D

Add game to basket and bingo! £10 voucher automatically applied even if you have used before. Red Dead Redemption 2 for £26.84 is now looking mighty tempting; I doubt Steam will match.
Oh wow, I had no idea either! Thought I had to choose one game to apply it and that was that.

What a bizarro way to discount games. Why not just take £10 off the price of qualifying titles? Since everybody has the voucher...

Man of Honour
What a bizarro way to discount games. Why not just take £10 off the price of qualifying titles? Since everybody has the voucher...

Maybe some contractual reason? Like certain companies wont allow their title to be discounted as part of a sale (remember you can use the voucher on anything, even games not in the sale) , but perhaps by offering a voucher that gets around the companies who dont want their title discounted as part of a sale by not technically discounting it so to speak, like some sort of contractual loophole?

Soldato
Oh wow, I had no idea either! Thought I had to choose one game to apply it and that was that.

TBF you have to make an initial purchase to get the voucher right? So it's a way of making people buy in.

Caporegime
TBF you have to make an initial purchase to get the voucher right? So it's a way of making people buy in.
Nope, you can claim a free game to get the voucher :) Which is how I got mine.

In fact I've never spent a penny with Epic and have tons of free games in my Epic library now, lol. I'll probably not use this voucher anyhow. Got so many free games to play through it hardly makes sense buying any more, no matter how cheap!

Soldato

In fact I've never spent a penny with Epic and have tons of free games in my Epic library now, lol. I'll probably not use this voucher anyhow. Got so many free games to play through it hardly makes sense buying any more, no matter how cheap!
Ahhh that explains why I had a voucher floating around when I came to buy an actual game this year!

And also yes, tons of unplayed games I bought on Steam and tons of unplayed games I got for free on Epic :o

Man of Honour
I bought Anno 1800 as it’s price never seems to drop very often, but for £6 or so with the voucher and the sale discount I finally grabbed it.

Superb game, one of those rare titles where all the DLC is good. Brilliant on co-op too as you can play as the same faction (sharing control of units etc), a la Age of Empires

Associate

Same here i had 2 vouchers last year never got used plus having the Epic Installer on the PC with the rest of them is just to much hassle what's really needed is just one front end for them all.

Back
Top Bottom