Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Soldato
now thats sorted lets now get on with transfers, shame cant get rid of players easily when on big contracts such as Rashford / Sancho, Rashford sums up whats wrong at the club, with its culture and mentality overpaid not good enough

Soldato
To be fair, i don't even think we need the squad overhaul discussed. Probably 2 defenders are a must and beyond that given the discussed monetary constraints we can probably get through next season. With a settled/established back 4 that can be relied upon and take some pressure off the midfield, we probably have enough in midfield/upfront to be challenging for Top 4.

I'm surprised we let Brandon Williams go. Shocking we couldn't even sell him!

Man of Honour
We still need a proper right winger, I think Antony has gone past the point where we can expect him to come good, and not sure Diallo is ready to be relied upon yet, as promising as he looks

Caporegime
I'm happy to give him another shot (like I have a choice), but I just think the performances were so bad, something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Yeah 14 different back 4 combo's is what was seriously wrong.

Hopefully Malacia is fit and back next season which would be a free signing in a way. We need a LCB and RCB plus striker at the bare minimum.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would be surprised if we spend huge amounts this summer purely because they will certainly still have big question marks over EtH and the state of our squad means that we need stability more than we need flair at this point. We need a solid defence where at least 3 of the 4 defenders are there pretty much every week. We need to replace Casemiro and we probably need a new RW. Outside of that I think expectations for next season will be pretty basic. Compete for top 4 and actually develop into a side that looks like it has a clue.

Don
I would be surprised if we spend huge amounts this summer purely because they will certainly still have big question marks over EtH and the state of our squad means that we need stability more than we need flair at this point. We need a solid defence where at least 3 of the 4 defenders are there pretty much every week. We need to replace Casemiro and we probably need a new RW. Outside of that I think expectations for next season will be pretty basic. Compete for top 4 and actually develop into a side that looks like it has a clue.
If the club are going to take away the control he had over transfers and move to a model where you're not having to rip things up and start again whenever you change manager then there shouldn't be any reason why doubts over ETH impacts on your transfer dealings this summer.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If the club are going to take away the control he had over transfers and move to a model where you're not having to rip things up and start again whenever you change manager then there shouldn't be any reason why doubts over ETH impacts on your transfer dealings this summer.

We haven't got that structure properly in place though have we? My point was that we aren't going to splash £250m in the hope of magically turning it around by throwing money at the issue. We will probably be more conservative than usual.

Soldato
dont think the club has money to throw big on transfers anymore after years of pretty much throwing it in the bin its caught up with them

Soldato
We haven't got that structure properly in place though have we? My point was that we aren't going to splash £250m in the hope of magically turning it around by throwing money at the issue. We will probably be more conservative than usual.
I think that will be how we are going forwards. Conservative. It will need to be if the famous ‘Utd tax’ tag is to be banished.

It might lead to a painful few seasons still to come until something clicks. Or perhaps a few further Weghorst moments.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah 14 different back 4 combo's is what was seriously wrong.

Hopefully Malacia is fit and back next season which would be a free signing in a way. We need a LCB and RCB plus striker at the bare minimum.

That explains some of it, but it was spectacularly bad.

Anyway, I think we've got to see how it goes... it will be good to get a few new players in and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom