Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Soldato
Right decision from the club imo. Feel next season could be a bit of a write off though and they use ETH to clear out some of the players they no longer want, it doesn't seem like he's bothered or afraid to fall out with some of them. Take the transfers out of his hands and begin the rebuild while they line up the right replacement in a year. Might even win his 3rd cup in 3 years in the process.

Don
That BBC article was clearly written by the MUFC PR team :cry:
They had to spin the story the best they can, both to save face and to not to completely sell ETH down the river. Most people already think they don't really want him so they could hardly come out and say x turned us down and y would have been no better than ETH so we stuck with him.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm not sure how I feel about him staying but I am a little smug at all you "hes definitely gone and they are being ***** about it" :p

We're going to rise, phoenix like from the ashes.

Associate
It seems lots of non Utd fans are pleased with the decision.
Sounds more like lots rejected the jobs behind closed doors.
They will tweak his contract to avoid massive payout in the future and grab someone at the first signs of panic when someone 'better' comes along.

Soldato
Mixed feelings but mostly relief over the fact that means no Southgate
To be honest, I feel we’re more exposed to a possible Southgate appointment now… if ETH doesn’t work out, then he will definitely be available in the Autumn/Winter as no one else will touch him.

Soldato
Not a great look for Man Utd all this. Quite publicly managers rejecting the Man U job, big question marks with a 'review' of ETH so far and then not being able to find anyone better so having to stick with him. It wouldn't exactly inspire confidence if I were a Man U fan.

Don
To be honest, I feel we’re more exposed to a possible Southgate appointment now… if ETH doesn’t work out, then he will definitely be available in the Autumn/Winter as no one else will touch him.
I did read one report last night saying Utd didn't consider Southgate because he wasn't prepared to discuss the job until after the Euros. You can see it now, England get knocked out in the quarters, Southgate resigns and October/November time after an embarrassing home defeat to Southampton ETH is sacked :p

Soldato
I did read one report last night saying Utd didn't consider Southgate because he wasn't prepared to discuss the job until after the Euros. You can see it now, England get knocked out in the quarters, Southgate resigns and October/November time after an embarrassing home defeat to Southampton ETH is sacked :p
Preeeeeecisely :(

While I’d love to see a turnaround, I can imagine certain players just not giving it their all once again, and the cycle will continue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom