Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Soldato
now thats sorted lets now get on with transfers, shame cant get rid of players easily when on big contracts such as Rashford / Sancho, Rashford sums up whats wrong at the club, with its culture and mentality overpaid not good enough
Yes don't we have the biggest wage bill? Liverpool and arsenal is considerably lower.

Anyway changes can't happen straight away, with all the structure etc changes I'm sure the wage bill and transfer strategy will change

Read somewhere that only 3 players are needed to compete, that can't be the case I see us needing at least 8 new players. 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 attackers. Can't be competing with the Injury prone etc players.

Let's see what happens in the transfer market

Last edited:
Don
This can stay open for the time being but keep chat around the decision to keep ETH and how long he's likely to survive.

If anybody wants to discuss transfers and the like then we have the transfer thread for that.

Soldato
This can stay open for the time being but keep chat around the decision to keep ETH and how long he's likely to survive.

If anybody wants to discuss transfers and the like then we have the transfer thread for that.
I will quote the post in future if you moan about the media fueling speculation.

Last edited:
Don
Ye of little faith
I didn't put a time frame on it, some people might think it'll be years before he's sacked.

Anyway The Athletic have a detailed piece on the process Utd went through before finally deciding to stick with ETH:

Some bullet points for those that don't subscribe:
  • Utd initially planned to keep ETH next season (presumably this was pre May).
  • Following a run of poor results Utd considered sacking him after the Palace defeat, before the Arsenal game on the 12th May.
  • Board meeting held on the 14th May with a consensus to sack him at the end of the season.
  • ETH was excluded from certain meetings around pre-season plans, recruitment and decisions on which (soon to be) out of contract players to retain or release.
  • Utd met with Kieran McKenna before the FA Cup final, fearing that Chelsea were going to steal a march on them only for him to stay at Ipswich.
  • Thomas Frank, Marco Silva, Poch and Tuchel also met with Utd the week of the FA Cup final and De Zerbi was also sounded out.
  • By the first week of June Poch was out of the running however Tuchel made a positive impression and Utd discussed financial terms with him before Tuchel stepped out of the process.
  • Financial terms were also discussed with De Zerbi but Utd decided he wasn't the right fit.
  • After all that Utd returned to the first bullet point. The season was well below expectations but injuries were seen as mitigation and bringing through Garnacho & Mainoo counted in his favour.
Long story short, they decided to sack him, spoke to every manager going but seemingly only Tuchel (maybe McKenna too) took their fancy and when he said no they decided to stay with ETH.

Don
According to the telegraph he's inline for a 2 year contract extension, the whole fiasco couldnt get any more amusing
Once he stayed they had to give him a new deal, if only to make it appear that they're backing him. As I said previously, unless they're mad then the deal will be structured in a way where they can easily and cheaply sack him, if they decide to, in 6 months.

Soldato
According to the telegraph he's inline for a 2 year contract extension, the whole fiasco couldnt get any more amusing

that doesnt mean he cant be sacked if next season doesnt go well either very happy he has been given another season ;) while the structure around is being setup , im really looking forward to what happens next season and seeing how others do, from the other clubs especially liverpool

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't put a time frame on it, some people might think it'll be years before he's sacked.

Anyway The Athletic have a detailed piece on the process Utd went through before finally deciding to stick with ETH:

Some bullet points for those that don't subscribe:
  • Utd initially planned to keep ETH next season (presumably this was pre May).
  • Following a run of poor results Utd considered sacking him after the Palace defeat on the 12th May.
  • Board meeting held on the 14th May with a consensus to sack him at the end of the season.
  • ETH was excluded from certain meetings around pre-season plans, recruitment and decisions on which (soon to be) out of contract players to retain or release.
  • Utd met with Kieran McKenna before the FA Cup final, fearing that Chelsea were going to steal a march on them only for him to stay at Ipswich.
  • Thomas Frank, Marco Silva, Poch and Tuchel also met with Utd the week of the FA Cup final and De Zerbi was also sounded out.
  • By the first week of June Poch was out of the running however Tuchel made a positive impression and Utd discussed financial terms with him before he Tuchel stepped out of the process.
  • Financial terms were also discussed with De Zerbi but Utd decided he wasn't the right fit.
  • After all that Utd returned to the first bullet point. The season was well below expectations but injuries were seen as mitigation and bringing through Garnacho & Mainoo counted in his favour.
Long story short, they decided to sack him, spoke to every manager going but seemingly only Tuchel (maybe McKenna too) took their fancy and when he said no they decided to stay with ETH.
Assuming even 50% of that is true.

Does that sounds like Mickey mouse FC or Well-oiled machine FC?

Caporegime
Assuming even 50% of that is true.

Does that sounds like Mickey mouse FC or Well-oiled machine FC?

Well according to the media ETH was sacked regardless of FA Cup result. Plus all the other nonsense they have put out but they can call it a "story" and get away with it.

If Man Utd have managed to leak all that information out and it is true. God help Ineos.

I mean Tuchel met with Man Utd yet I see zero photographic evidence of this? In today's social media generation it does leave me doing the old chinny chin.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well according to the media ETH was sacked regardless of FA Cup result. Plus all the other nonsense they have put out but they can call it a "story" and get away with it.

If Man Utd have managed to leak all that information out and it is true. God help Ineos.

I mean Tuchel met with Man Utd yet I see zero photographic evidence of this? In today's social media generation it does leave me doing the old chinny chin.
They all work from home the lazy, layabout scoundrels. It was on MS Teams, Tuchel didn't even change out of his PJs. :mad:

Associate
i wouldnt be giving him another contract until January. Lets see how the first 4 months of the season goes.

We need a DC, DMC and ST this summer as a minimum. If we can somehow get a DL, MC and a winger who actually crosses would be bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom