Poll: Erik ten Hag Sack Watch & Next Manchester United Manager?

To sack or not to sack

• Total voters
Last season we faced the most shots in the top 5 leagues (or thereabouts), wasn't the managers fault then either.

That was partly his fault but also massively not his fault.

Honestly, I think we have played quite well at time so far this season. We still look lost from a "patterns of play" perspective a lot of the time and we can't put the ball in the net reliably but its getting better overall. I'm just getting to the stage where I think Ten Hag isn't getting any improvements in the biggest areas we need to improve in. You could see yesterday that we have good players on the pitch who were working hard for the most part. Rashford looked up for it. Mazaroui looked quality. Dalot was everywhere (apart from left back occasionally :p )

The issue is we don't have a style to our play like the Arsenals, Citys and Liverpools of this world. You can see how they break out when they play. Our poorest performers last night were Eriksen and Fernandes IMO. The 2 players who dictate how the team play. Maguire also didn't help with how ponderous he is on the ball. There isn't enough pace to our play.

I think he will have to come out of the next 3-4 games with some good results for United not to be looking to get rid at Christmas.

Are we facing as many shots this season?

I doubt it - there has been a defensive improvement (although it hasn't really translated into results), but that's just simply due to the addition of De Ligt/Masraoui and players being back from injury, nothing really tactical.

The next 6 games will be critical, all of them are pretty tough. If we seem to have made some big strides in that time, great, but I think we all know that's unlikely...

I doubt it - there has been a defensive improvement (although it hasn't really translated into results), but that's just simply due to the addition of De Ligt/Masraoui and players being back from injury, nothing really tactical.

The next 6 games will be critical, all of them are pretty tough. If we seem to have made some big strides in that time, great, but I think we all know that's unlikely...
Indeed, just can’t see much other than being ‘solid’ and not shipping too many goals. Perhaps grabbing a last gasp winner, but nothing dominant. We need to play another Barnsley for that sort of display.

The defensive improvement wasn’t evident today. Today’s performance has got to be a wake up call for the new hierarchy and force them into making a decision

Last edited:
Yep, that’s enough for me. I hoped with a fresh start this season, new faces at all levels, things would be improving, but it’s not good enough. He has to go.

It's just a matter of time at this point. The FA cup win gave them an excuse to keep him, but low-key he should have been replaced before the season started.

The talk was that they kept him because there wasn't a stand out candidate and they felt last season injuries gave him a very good excuse for our issues. This season there is no excuse.

Assuming EtH gets the boot in the not too distant future, who would you like to see take the reigns, would you go for an interim or just bite the bullet and go pay whats needed for a younger progressive manager?

A lot of clamour for RvN. As much as he was an utter beast of a player, not convinced on him as managers. Potentially new manager bounce but how long was it at PSV, 18 months ?

Tuchel: Currently available and im sure would bring at least a recognisable system of play. Isn't his football more in the pragmatic rather than entertaining ?

Max Allegrie: Used to managing but names and personalities but would suffer the same problems as EtH in that he lacks personality.

Ruben Amorim sat nicely top of the league, 5 wins on the bounce 23 goals scored 2 against.

The issue with getting a manager out of a current role would involve some serious $$$$

Pray to god that Soutgate or Potter isn't hanging on line 1 !!!!

Assuming EtH gets the boot in the not too distant future, who would you like to see take the reigns, would you go for an interim or just bite the bullet and go pay whats needed for a younger progressive manager?

A lot of clamour for RvN. As much as he was an utter beast of a player, not convinced on him as managers. Potentially new manager bounce but how long was it at PSV, 18 months ?

Tuchel: Currently available and im sure would bring at least a recognisable system of play. Isn't his football more in the pragmatic rather than entertaining ?

Max Allegrie: Used to managing but names and personalities but would suffer the same problems as EtH in that he lacks personality.

Ruben Amorim sat nicely top of the league, 5 wins on the bounce 23 goals scored 2 against.

The issue with getting a manager out of a current role would involve some serious $$$$

Pray to god that Soutgate or Potter isn't hanging on line 1 !!!!

I don't think it matters who it is. After the new manager bounce we'll be back here in the same place within 18 months. As per the last decade.

I think ETH does have to go, but so do most the squad, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm really good at blaming other people for my incompetence, I'll take over until the end of the season for £1m...surely that can't be any worse?

Complete mess Ten Hag on the chopping board now 2 tough away games in a row can't see him surviving now especially with the performance yesterday. Thought before the game no Son for Spurs and us being at home should put a good performance but it was a complete shower of a performance. The worst and not even including under Ten Hag probably up there since Fergie left.

Feels very close to when Ole lost to Watford and unfortunately can't see him getting anything especially at Villa Park.

This time next week INEOS will have a decision to make. The players look bereft of any confidence Dalot for the first goal was awful and throughout the whole game.

The amount spent 600m million and no structure whatsoever Spurs even though its risky football you can see what they are trying to do. now it's the case of life after Ten Hag who comes in next.

Back
Top Bottom