Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Even though I died in Interchange - that PMC run with 30 kills between us was mental - so much fun, so chaotic, so many meds used......Loving this game.

Soldato
Even though I died in Interchange - that PMC run with 30 kills between us was mental - so much fun, so chaotic, so many meds used......Loving this game.
Yeah that was pretty mental, i burnt through 600hp of meds. It was just a shame you caught a mystery bullet to the face. There were so many hunters, sks and t4 armor we just couldn't loot due to the endless supply of scavs and all of us running out of meds

Soldato
The cord I was surprised about as I'm sure I sold one for ~60k last week. Yeah I think it definitely needs randomised loot locations. I'm level 15/16 I think. Loads to do still and really enjoying running solo runs as well as groups. Waiting for the Christmas sale which is supposedly coming so I can get EOD.

Soldato
It's been great having peeps from the forums active on discord. I've managed loads of quests due to people helping me out as 2 or 3s. Not to mention tonnes of info from HybridX which has sped up the learning process. I'm also keeping my eye out for the xmas sale to upgrade to EOD.

Soldato
It's been great having peeps from the forums active on discord. I've managed loads of quests due to people helping me out as 2 or 3s. Not to mention tonnes of info from HybridX which has sped up the learning process. I'm also keeping my eye out for the xmas sale to upgrade to EOD.

Aww shucks making me blush lol

Im still an utter noob myself but if i can pass on what ive learnt in a short time im happy to do so. I enjoy our runs on interchange as i think we are getting quite good at firing and moving and making the calls on that map.

That duo last night when we basically saw no-one and looted enough to extract but went to the wrong extract ( my fault for not checking). 15 -20mins to extract....
Went to railway.. wasnt open, start to rotate to power station and pay our way out... run into a duo immediately and take them down.. med up.. get half way to gas station and a flash nade comes from behind a rock.

Cold is flashed and doesnt want to shoot and accidently shoot me, im stunned but not flashed and down the guy.

Get to power station.. no car to extract and cold nails a ballsy scav. We rotate again to emercom and extract....

Soldato
I just purchased the other day having watched a few hours on twitch. Two things - what's the best way of knowing or finding out on how to extract and should I be starting in factory with just a pistol? Others seem to say go customs and stick to just scavs.

Associate
I just purchased the other day having watched a few hours on twitch. Two things - what's the best way of knowing or finding out on how to extract and should I be starting in factory with just a pistol? Others seem to say go customs and stick to just scavs.

Double tapo 'o' to see a list of available extracts. There are multiple types of extracts depending on the map.

- permanent extracts which are always open, they are usually on the opposite side of the map to where you spawn
- temp extracts which often have a question mark next to them, sometimes these are open, other times they are not...
- extracts which require you to have a set amount of money on you or in the case of the new map an item such as Parracord.

When you do SCAV runs you will typically have different extracts to when you do PMC runs.

If you don't know where the extracts are then just search youtube for the name of the extract or search google images or the tarkov wiki for maps. You only need to do this at the beginning, once you know where the extracts are you're good.

Don't start on Factory, customs is probably the best map to start with, id advise using the stock SKS over a pistol, you don't need to buy mags for it, just bullets which you can put in your pockets (use PS ammo from Prapor)

Soldato
Get on discord - the new players (me and a few others) are on there, along with a load of "old" timers. :D:D

Nah - being honest - the long term players have been mega mega helpful and friendly to get me started - been great fun, even the TK's!

Soldato
Get on discord - the new players (me and a few others) are on there, along with a load of "old" timers. :D:D

Nah - being honest - the long term players have been mega mega helpful and friendly to get me started - been great fun, even the TK's!

Absolutely this.

Got a good bunch on the discord now, we're all friendly and happy to help as much as we can.

just don't be surprised if you get tk'd...accidentally of course. Trying to run 4/5 man squads without markers is a real challenge.

Soldato
Double tapo 'o' to see a list of available extracts. There are multiple types of extracts depending on the map.

- permanent extracts which are always open, they are usually on the opposite side of the map to where you spawn
- temp extracts which often have a question mark next to them, sometimes these are open, other times they are not...
- extracts which require you to have a set amount of money on you or in the case of the new map an item such as Parracord.

When you do SCAV runs you will typically have different extracts to when you do PMC runs.

If you don't know where the extracts are then just search youtube for the name of the extract or search google images or the tarkov wiki for maps. You only need to do this at the beginning, once you know where the extracts are you're good.

Don't start on Factory, customs is probably the best map to start with, id advise using the stock SKS over a pistol, you don't need to buy mags for it, just bullets which you can put in your pockets (use PS ammo from Prapor)

Some good to know info. I ask about the pistol more from the point of view that I'm likely to die and didn't want to lose the sks as I haven't even looted armor yet. Offline play only to get used to mechanics.

Associate
just don't be surprised if you get tk'd...accidentally of course.

:p:D

It's been awesome learning with others, good bunch of lads on the discord. Cheers guys :)

Agree @HybridX has been very helpful with good game knowledge even tho he claims noob!

If you are thinking about buying the game just check out some streams/YT vids or hop in the discord chat. Duelsy from here streaming right now https://www.twitch.tv/duelsy

Yes it's early access/beta, ninja adjustments being made, few stutters/unstable frames/bugs.

With all that in mind the devs have made something very different, the game is very playable and enjoyable even for a pleb like me who is new to FPS on PC.

There is plenty to learn and do, straight up pvp survival, quests, leveling, hideout. Beats the hell out of PUBG and BF for me.

Soldato
Some good to know info. I ask about the pistol more from the point of view that I'm likely to die and didn't want to lose the sks as I haven't even looted armor yet. Offline play only to get used to mechanics.

I was running pistol only for a while becuase I was afraid of losing gear, you're much more likely to survive using a cheapish SKS where you can one bang people at range over a pistol. I've only really got a couple of hours in game and am far from an expert but that tip really helped me

Soldato
ill be hitting interchange hard until the night is old if anyone is around for some games. Been doing all the gunsmithing quests to cheese my level for trader unlocks and upgraded a tonne of stuff in my hideout now.

Associate
Hey all, looking for something to get my teeth into over Christmas. Is this like a cross between Pubg and Scum? I hear it's not a battle royale game!

If anyone has a link to the discord that would be good as well.

Back
Top Bottom