Escape from Tarkov

Associate
I think the same, looks nice. It's interesting though how people view graphics differently. Like i LOVE the borderlands graphics but not many people do.

With FPS games a lot of people look at them and expect cartoonish graphics like the BF series. Then when sharpness and more photo realistic textures and motions come into play they think it looks bad. I think this is possibly something to do with the uncanny valley with it being on the brink of creepily accurate. with stuff like star citizen all the game BAR the players are kind of exempt from this as they aren't stuff we are familiar with. But in Tarkov trees and buildings can all look eerily too good. Either that or they are blind?

I think most people confuse art style and graphics when talk about how the game looks. Look at the WiiU and the cartoony Wonderful101 Yoshi Pikmin3 Mario3D and Donkey Kong are absolutely stunning looking (in my eyes anyway) due to the colour palette and art style used.

Soldato
and the hacking begins

https://www.reddit.com/r/Escapefrom...ripters_in_the_alpha/?st=ixdrz62o&sh=f647bf5b

doesn't matter how good the game looks or plays if the anti cheat is not as good as Blizzard's approach then I can't be dealing with a game genre like this.

TBH They is many reason why this could have happened. Alpha code is one, the Devs have already been talking openly about server issues within the Alpha build..
Hit detection issues has been in every single online game, just look at the stuff that happens even in CSGO to date.

I wouldn't call this hacking I would call it more a server issue.

Soldato
People really need to learn what an alpha is.

Agreed!
I feel for the devs in these situations, now we have a lot of bad/miss information going around about the game.
And Automatically Hacker this Hackers that is the first blame when not even taking into consideration the state of the build and server side build they even playing.

Underboss
Didn't the devs says the anti cheat was coming in the beta anyway?

I kind of agree with Jack Frags, still not sure what the game is. Think a hardcore fps survival game is a fitting description but I'd prefer to start out with nothing and scavenge more than start with a fully customised M4 with all the bells and whistles.

Still, enjoyed the stream Friday and looking forward to release.

Permabanned
OP
Didn't the devs says the anti cheat was coming in the beta anyway?

I kind of agree with Jack Frags, still not sure what the game is. Think a hardcore fps survival game is a fitting description but I'd prefer to start out with nothing and scavenge more than start with a fully customised M4 with all the bells and whistles.

Still, enjoyed the stream Friday and looking forward to release.

I've been burned by empty promises when it comes to anti cheat. Recent example is Division. For a game like EfT which is all online I hope that their anti cheat policy, ban and reporting system takes a good look into during the beta stage.

I'm not worried about it now as I am just concentrating on the game mechanics, gameplay side of things and seeing if this will be a game I like.

Underboss
Yeah same, hopefully they can implement something that is effective, I'll wait for a couple of weeks after release to see how the land lays.

Man of Honour
Regarding anti-cheat - one of the most effective ways of dealing with this - atleast to the point that its impact is significantly reduced - is to build a system that allows for and encourages a community effort and well admined servers.

The movement system in this game is very well done. You mouse wheel high and lower changes how fast you walk lol very clever idea.

Do you really need more than walk and run(sprint) though? problem is many of these things sound great on paper but when the game really boils down to what works and what doesn't many of these amazing sounding mechanics turn out to just get in the way.

Based on almost 20 years of game beta testing experience I've a feeling this developer is likely going to learn stuff like that the hard way.

Soldato
Regarding anti-cheat - one of the most effective ways of dealing with this - atleast to the point that its impact is significantly reduced - is to build a system that allows for and encourages a community effort and well admined servers.

Do you really need more than walk and run(sprint) though? problem is many of these things sound great on paper but when the game really boils down to what works and what doesn't many of these amazing sounding mechanics turn out to just get in the way.

Based on almost 20 years of game beta testing experience I've a feeling this developer is likely going to learn stuff like that the hard way.

Based on the footage I been watching and how the sounds work from what the player is doing, I would say yes tbh
Footsteps and noise overall in the Factory is much louder, outside etc I prob wouldn't use it.

Associate
Just for our own reference here, what pleases your high standards? what do you consider to be a graphically superior game?

Battlefield 1, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, witcher 3, Metro Last Light, GTA V. Decent graphics. And on the other end we have games such as Mafia 3, Skyrim, This game advertised, CSGO, I see those games as graphically poor. Graphics are more important to me than gameplay, but that is just me.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this playable though today, albeit in a "not finished/probably never gonna be finished" alpha/beta stage?

I know there are different packages and I don't mind to drop cash but I'm an impatient bugger so am only interested if it is playable now.

I saw some brief videos on YouTube but was unsure if these were special editions for promotional work rather for the general public.

Underboss
Yeah if you get the top priced package you can play it today.

Be aware though, once you buy there is NO option for a refund. At all. People in the subreddit have been burned by it and have complained and I don't think they are getting anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom