Escape from Tarkov

Underboss
Frankies video really makes me want to play this right now but £110 for guaranteed alpha access...no thanks.

And then I believe they add the VAT as it isn't included on the pre-order screen. They had a 20% off sale over xmas and people were complaining that after the VAT was added they didn't actually save anything.

Associate
looks Soo good for an Alpha already, the price of the Season pass edition was pretty massive, but it's also supporting a small dev team who have came up with a game idea like this, loving stalker (which it has the feel of) and weapon mods i had to get it it was worth it to me, really do hope they knock this out the park. :D

Soldato
I 100% agree about price it's something I would never do to get into an alpha build of a game.

But they is an explanation for this.

People spending this much will be willing to help the devs and report feedback has much has possible.

Having a cheap alpha build only allows people in that just don't care about reporting or even helping the games development.

Soldato
@ Carl...isn't it about £132 with vat on top ;)

In his defence, a triple A game is about £40 on release, normally single player. You'll get about 10 hours out of it, £4/hour gaming. (this ignores games like Witcher/Fallout of course)

Something like this, you're gonna get at least a few hundred hours gaming, so it's better value per hour :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine for £30 winter sale.
You can't compare a game to food shopping. Haa a game even at 40 will out last a weeks shopping.

But won't keep you alive....
£132 in no way represents any sort of value other than getting fleeced which is probably what is being compared.

Frankie has done a video a few days and it does look quite good although he does mention that mouse sensitivity is linked to framerate at around 16mins I think which would be another big minus.

Soldato
It looks great, but have a feeling once there are lots of people playing its going to be very hard to reach the exit points. There will be people teaming up and camping the exits, so any solo players will just get constantly murdered.

The game world, attention to detail, weapons and mods etc are right up my street. Just wish it was an open world single player game like Stalker.

Associate
It's already better than dayZ, Arma and mods imo, buggy yes but for an alpha it's ahead of other alpha games I've played, happy to continue sinking hours into it as is tbhp, just love the look and feel of it already.

Back
Top Bottom