Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
We all know this game is a cash grab, it will be a fail like most other "Early Access" cash grabs. Hope I'm wrong.

Its not early access though! The Devs deserve a lot of credit for what they have done over the past couple years..
If it was a cash grab it would have been released ages ago, they been working very hard on this title and I firmly believe they have a winner with this one.

Associate
Have you seen the other game they have done a lot of the gun mods from there last fps are lifted into this and also the sound design also so i would be very careful if anyone is thinking about buying this it has a hint of the whole World War Z and neather fun.

There only other fps game

http://www.contractwarsgame.com/

play spot the difference

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you seen the other game they have done a lot of the gun mods from there last fps are lifted into this and also the sound design also so i would be very careful if anyone is thinking about buying this it has a hint of the whole World War Z and neather fun.

play spot the difference

What makes you believe this is the same devs and studio ?

Sorry but apart from the setting they are nothing alike from that video posted on the link. Them animations are horrible.
Even the graphics look free to play standards not even close to the same level of Escape from tarkov

Last edited:
Associate

play spot the difference

It was at the back of my mind being Russian Dev's like warZ! but I took the plunge as this game is right up my street and tbh with you I really enjoyed warZ for months I definitely got my moneys worth it was the best team game i've experienced so far, our clan had so much fun on it before it got too hacker silly. I was gutted when they ran off and didn't finish it.

Even if that did happen here (which i very much doubt) I see myself getting many hours out of it as it stands and it's really good in current form.

Permabanned
OP
What makes you believe this is the same devs and studio ?

Sorry but apart from the setting they are nothing alike from that video posted on the link. Them animations are horrible.
Even the graphics look free to play standards not even close to the same level of Escape from tarkov

Post 7

Soldato
Watched a lets play, does look really promising but I don't trust the devs in the slightest.

Will be keeping an eye out for it but 100% not buying until release.

Soldato
Watched a lets play, does look really promising but I don't trust the devs in the slightest.

Will be keeping an eye out for it but 100% not buying until release.

Been watching a fair bit of this over the last week PsiSyndicate and PartiallyRoyal on youtube mainly. I did see Summit's first play, he seemed not over enthusiastic, though that was after someone rushed and knifed him. Even he was hyperboling how good it looked in the Petrol Station, when he first entered.
That is what has grabbed me from the start, it looks next level gaming to me graphically.
I agree about being dubvious of the devs, hate the way they are basically charging for Alpha and Beta entry.

PsiSyndicate's last video gives a good opinion of the current state of the game (Bear in mind he does swear a lot.).

Last edited:
Caporegime
if pricing is unrealistic at this early stage only way this game will end is over.

hold off.they will lower packages.or jump in both feet then they lower it and rage :p cant see this working in any aspect.

Caporegime
You can't see the game working? Or the pricing.

i cant see the game working with the current pricing structure.

i maybe wrong but too many people been burned on this type of game and structure already.so many are standoff about entering a similar type product.

we all who like this kind of genre want someone to complete a game like this and be good its just people are making stupid mistakes to prevent it from happening.

Soldato

i maybe wrong but too many people been burned on this type of game and structure already.so many are standoff about entering a similar type product.

we all who like this kind of genre want someone to complete a game like this and be good its just people are making stupid mistakes to prevent it from happening.

Why? Its standard edition is normal PC gaming Priced. That also includes access to the Beta when available.
The other editions are optional for people that want them extra

PC games now have these extra Edition Call of Duty and even Battlefield have extra editions they still sell well.

It cost me
From amount £33.68 GBP
To amount €38.04 EUR
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.12948EUR

Problem?

Last edited:
Soldato

That pricing structure only exists for people who want to get into the Alpha and/or want the extra little benefits each package offers.

Once the game hits beta, even the most basic package has access and that is priced like any regular game.

Soldato
I wouldn't really call it P2W at this stage, its too early to tell. Regarding the rewards they are giving for the higher pre-order tiers I'd be shocked if the starter kit they give is going to be worth keeping for long, with games like this that sort of stuff usually becomes irrelevant a few hours in when you find better kit and ditch the average free kit. Most of the benefits seem to be centered around storage and trading, again the traders rarely give the best kit because if they did there would be little incentive to explore and scavenge.

Like I say it is early days yet so I wouldn't write off the game just yet as technically it does look very interesting.

Associate
Well I purchased the EOD version last week, yes it's a lot of money but so far it's more than worth it. If the devs keep doing what they are doing and reach the open world goal this will be an amazing game.

The attention to detail on the guns, the amount of mods, the intense feeling of perma death and the mechanics are spot on. Even at this stage it wipes the floor with modern day fps. I for one am more than happy to support this game, it's far cheaper than star citizen for example....

For me would I rather pay £40 for COD or something similar that is complete pants but everyone buys it every year or play a unique and realistic shooter than has incredible attention to detail? No Brainer for me!

Soldato
I just bought the left behind edition and I got into alpha :D

I would buy the EOD version but money bit tight for another £60 on top.

The gun mechanics and the feel of losing your stuff is why I like it and think it's worth jumping in now.

Back
Top Bottom