Escape from Tarkov

Man of Honour
Got this game this afternoon! My god i'm going to need help to get used to the game and what i have to do :p

I must admit it gets my heart rate going even hen i'm just sneaking around :p

Yup, its a heart pounding game, you can have a good week, get loads of loot, loads of good gear, then you can have a bad week and lose everything you gained the week before. That sort of risk v reward makes it both supremely edgey and exhilarating and supremely frustrating and rage inducing :D

Soldato
Yup, its a heart pounding game, you can have a good week, get loads of loot, loads of good gear, then you can have a bad week and lose everything you gained the week before. That sort of risk v reward makes it both supremely edgey and exhilarating and supremely frustrating and rage inducing :D

Well i've had a terrible start :p All i have left is the pistols as i got killed the first round and lost my rifle and other items in my backpack :p Do i now buy new bits?

Man of Honour
Well i've had a terrible start :p All i have left is the pistols as i got killed the first round and lost my rifle and other items in my backpack :p Do i now buy new bits?

I dont often bother to buy weapons/armour, I tend to prefer to go in and collect them off other people. You can even go in with just a pistol and hope to stumble across either some unchecked loot or some bodies and loot their gear. When I was a low level I got quite a lot of my early gear from looting corpses of other peoples kills

Soldato
I dont often bother to buy weapons/armour, I tend to prefer to go in and collect them off other people. You can even go in with just a pistol and hope to stumble across either some unchecked loot or some bodies and loot their gear. When I was a low level I got quite a lot of my early gear from looting corpses of other peoples kills

I'm to scared to go anywhere :p i had to turn sound down so i didn't jump when random gunfire started :p I will try go on a looting spree tomorrow, i need some better gear :p

Soldato
I'm to scared to go anywhere :p i had to turn sound down so i didn't jump when random gunfire started :p I will try go on a looting spree tomorrow, i need some better gear :p

Do scav runs - this way if you die, you loose the random gear you spawned with, if you get out, you keep it. So your no worse off than you started.

Scav runs help you also learn the maps. Stick with customs to start with, it's generally the best to learn as your first few missions are on that map.

Really decent guide below - worth a watch to start with.

Soldato
Do scav runs - this way if you die, you loose the random gear you spawned with, if you get out, you keep it. So your no worse off than you started.

Scav runs help you also learn the maps. Stick with customs to start with, it's generally the best to learn as your first few missions are on that map.

Ahhhh brilliant thank you i'll give that a watch now :)

Man of Honour

I'm going to buck the trend here and say not to start on Customs, I always found that Customs has a truckload of chokepoints on it which can make very rough going for new players, I actually think that the best map to start on as a new player is Shoreline, its not as chokepoint heavy as Customs and is a larger map which means you have more space to move around and will encounter other people less often. My advice to a new player would be to learn on Shoreline and then dip across to Customs for the early missions once you have a feel for things.

Soldato
I'm going to buck the trend here and say not to start on Customs, I always found that Customs has a truckload of chokepoints on it which can make very rough going for new players, I actually think that the best map to start on as a new player is Shoreline, its not as chokepoint heavy as Customs and is a larger map which means you have more space to move around and will encounter other people less often. My advice to a new player would be to learn on Shoreline and then dip across to Customs for the early missions once you have a feel for things.

I totally agree with this, also Shoreline is my favourite map :)

Shoreline can be as chill or as crazy as you want to make it, most action is concentrated at Spa/Gas Station. If you want intermittent action, go to Power Station. If you just want to loot up gear, take a big backpack, a basic AK and run the 35 stash spots.

If you want to be a ChadMcRatface...take it an M4 with a thermal, sneak around the woods near Radar and Power Station and ping folks from a distance before hoovering up the loot.

Soldato
Reserve Scav runs are a bountiful place to be. Once you are familiar with the map and where the good loot is, its fairly easy to make 400-700k per run on average @Minibiker

I'll do some SCAV runs today, try get some decent loot..

@booyaka I watched the video last night, very helpful.. The guy really gives you decent info about what to pick up and trade in etc..

I didn't realise how many buttons there are in this game :p my fingers are used to minimal amount of PUBG, this is another thing I need to learn

Soldato
I'll do some SCAV runs today, try get some decent loot..

@booyaka I watched the video last night, very helpful.. The guy really gives you decent info about what to pick up and trade in etc..

I didn't realise how many buttons there are in this game :p my fingers are used to minimal amount of PUBG, this is another thing I need to learn

Think a lot of us transitioned across from PUBG to this - way more intense, hardcore action.

It's hard to start playing now as it's a fairly long way into the "wipe" and lots of players have huge amounts of weapons/money/armour etc. (they do a wipe every so often when new game content/updates come out)

You will die a lot, as lots of players are super geared with generally unlimited supplies of bitcoins/money etc that you can make later on in your hideout. Max'd hideout makes me around a million roubles a day.

Soldato
Think a lot of us transitioned across from PUBG to this - way more intense, hardcore action.

It's hard to start playing now as it's a fairly long way into the "wipe" and lots of players have huge amounts of weapons/money/armour etc. (they do a wipe every so often when new game content/updates come out)

You will die a lot, as lots of players are super geared with generally unlimited supplies of bitcoins/money etc that you can make later on in your hideout. Max'd hideout makes me around a million roubles a day.

Yeah I know for sure I'll get wiped out easily if I come across some experienced players with plenty of gear but hopefully once I've got into the game and got the hang of things, I'll be just as good ;)

Soldato
Had a Scav run this afternoon, went to customs killed around 4 people and got some decent loot... Also came across some dead bodies so took some bits off them, However I didn't manage to make it to the old gas station for extraction, got into a gun fight just before, killed the guy but panicked and forgot what meds I need to take to stop bleeding and died about 50 foot from gas station....

I'm guessing I won't see the loot items I got in that run?

Man of Honour
Had a Scav run this afternoon, went to customs killed around 4 people and got some decent loot... Also came across some dead bodies so took some bits off them, However I didn't manage to make it to the old gas station for extraction, got into a gun fight just before, killed the guy but panicked and forgot what meds I need to take to stop bleeding and died about 50 foot from gas station....

I'm guessing I won't see the loot items I got in that run?

Nope, all gone as you didnt extract.

Man of Honour
Thought so :p it was fun though and addictive... I need to learn where extraction points are

Yeah, I played each map in "Offline mode" or whatever its called until I had learned the extract points. I suppose I could have just gone to some websites and looked at the maps on there but I wanted to get more of a 3d idea of them.

Soldato
Yeah, I played each map in "Offline mode" or whatever its called until I had learned the extract points. I suppose I could have just gone to some websites and looked at the maps on there but I wanted to get more of a 3d idea of them.

Yeah I think it's easier if you learn in game, I know you can get maps in game but god knows where from :p

How can you tell if you kill another online player?

Soldato
I one another scav run and found some decent loot, only problem is, i made it to Crossroads to extract but for some reason it wasnt extracting me, Do i need to find the other extraction before i get leave?

You might not have been in the right place, some of them are quite specific.

I printed off a physical copy of all the maps as I didn't like having my second screen running as a distraction, that helped me to learn them

Back
Top Bottom