1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escape from Tarkov

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Twirlywoos, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jase

Mobster

What happens when you die in this game, you loose everything. Is it pvp only?

2. lnoton

Mobster

I've killed plenty in scavs by accident lol. Its hard. But I'm not that good at fps anyway. So it's doubly hard.

3. lnoton

Mobster

Scav mode you lose nothing but can gain what the scav has at the start and what you collect if you make it out. That stuff can be used in pmc mode.

Pmc mode you lose everything you have carried into the raid if you die, unless you insure it and another pmc doesn't loot ya corpse.

4. Minibiker

Soldato

You'll get used to it and be a pro soon ;)

@Jase Basically what Inoton has said.. I'm currently doing a lot of SCAV runs to get some decent gear before going in with my character :)

5. Boycey0211

Soldato

So I decided to run a thermal scope last night on a variety of maps, I know it's a game mechanic but it felt like cheating.

I was using one that I got from somebody else so didn't feel like I'd paid for the advantage, but for the price they are if you're a slow or cautious player like I tend to be they will have paid for themselves in one or two raids

6. booyaka

Capodecina

Thermals are dirty - but necessary at times.....With that much money sloshing around, loads of people running thermals now. SDVS + REAP-IR + 7N1 ammo = insta delete.

7. Boycey0211

Soldato

I'm running it on my modded akm and just using BP and that's lethal enough, I told myself once I die and lose it I won't buy another but think I'll rely on it for some maps, if it was a few hundred k more I wouldn't bother

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Don't forget, do the helix trade for a reap-ir thermal and it'll cost you about 160k. ;)

9. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

If any of the newer players want to join up, I'll be online most of tomorrow, happy to accompany, run missions, donate some gear and help you get up and running. Same goes for experienced players who want someone new to play with.

I'll be on the ocuk unofficial discord throughout the day, feel free to drop in and post a message in the EFT chat channel. If you see me in a channel, just drop in for games. Name on discord is SixyBeast.

10. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Still playing bud? not been playing long but have a grasp of customs now and don't die all the time lul

Had a nice scav run on there earlier.

Started with a PP and nothing else ended up with this haul

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had 5PMC kills and barely made it out :D what a buzz though!

11. Puppetmaster

Soldato

Some details of future patches:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/126062-short-status-update-from-nikita-buyanov/

12. Vega

Wise Guy

None of that matters until they fix the massive cheating problem right now.

13. Tombstone

Capodecina

I havent played for a month or so now as I've been tied up on other things, has cheating become a big thing then?

14. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

From what i see with my limited playtime there are a lot of people crying hacks but having no proof naturally.

I suspect an awful lot of the time people are crying hacks because they died to someone who they didn't see or hear. I could be wrong though as i haven't done any major research. The only instance i had that was " questionable " was a person who just appeared in front of me really quickly and then was 15 ft away. However im not sure if this was hacks as the servers are quite poor and i see my mate teleporting around like that all the time. He will be walking with me then he will stop dead for a few seconds and then he will be 15ft away. He sees me do the same.

15. booyaka

Capodecina

Most of the cheaters are on labs....And they are very obviously speed hacking/teleporting etc.

in 900 hours playing on all the other maps, I reckon I've maybe come across 4 or 5 people that seemed "dodgy" - not saying they are cheating but took out whole 4 man squads with headshots etc. Only 1 I would say was 100% cheating.

The rest of the time, people are just sometimes better than you, but people cry cheat without any evidence at all.

Updates look good but they seriously need to fix the lockups.....They are less frequent that they were, but they are like full 1.5/2 second lockups now.

16. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Did you turn off the hyperthreading option ? that reduced mine massively! Seems the game doesn't like threads.

17. Vega

Wise Guy

18. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Outside of labs I've had maybe two suspect deaths in about 3 months, the cheaters are massively localised to the labs maps and its utterly blatant.

19. Zeebedy

Mobster

looking for some people to do co-op with, just getting back into the game, trying to get the steep learning curve in better before the next wipe.

If there is any OCUK'ers stioll playing, let me know.

20. booyaka

Capodecina

Got kappa container yesterday - all missions completed. Happy with that. Some of them are a real grind.