Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Apex Launcher which I would recommend. Theres a few popular ones though (Nova & Go Launcher).

I tried Apex and it worked to remove the text but I need to root my phone in order to use widgets. Also, there were a few times when my phone felt a little bit sluggish with it running (S3)

Long click your homescreens to add a widget with Apex/Nova if you don't have root access.

I tried this. For some reason the clock widget I want to use is 5x1 in apex but without apex it is 4x1. I only want 4 columns and I presume I need to root in order to enable widget resizing?

Using it I discovered that Asphalt 6 didn't remove it's directory when I uninstalled it from my S2 so when I copied the storage data over to the S3 folders were still left. It consumed 915MB of internal storage!

Torque Pro

This connects to a bluetooth adapter which plugs into your OBDII port on your car. I have this one

Takes loads of ECU data and allows you to check for faults etc.

My fave tool is this - the track recorder. You can record your drive with loads of dials/data shown.

You can record data of trips at well, and overlay them directly on googlemaps. (uses GPS and speed)

Currently really enjoying Blockstory. It's a great blend of Minecraft game play with features and aspects which rise above it. Quests, dragons, animals and great graphics. Enormous potential, definitely watch this space, if the developers keep releasing frequent updates to iron out bugs; it`s going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom